M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT MY FIRST TIME AT A DRAG STRIP ON A BIKE. I LIVE IN OKLAHOMA AND HAVE A LOCAL 1/4 MILE DRAG STRIP. THEY HAVE FRIDAY NIGHT TEST AND TUNE. I HAVE RAN MY CAR SO I DO UNDERSTAND THE BASICS, LIKE STAGING AND LIGHTS.

(1) AT WHAT ET. REQUIRES MORE THAN HELMET, BOOTS, JACKET?
(2) IF I RECALL CORRECTLY, YOU MUST GO THROUGH WATER PIT. IF SO BURNOUT WOULD BE A MUST?
(3) DURING BURNOUT SHOULD I HOLD FRONT BRAKE AND NOT MOVE OR LET IT ROLL DURING BURNOUT UNTIL IT
STICKS?
(4) WHEN I STAGE, WITCH PORTION OF THE LANE SHOULD I BE IN? LEFT,CENTER, OR RIGHT?
(5) DO YOU RECOMMEND ANY WHEEL SLIP OR TRY TO LAUNCH WITHOUT ANY AT ALL?

ANY RECOMENDATIONS WILL BE APPRECIATED. THANKS

·
Registered
326 Posts
1. I have ran down in the 10's with helmet, gloves, leather jacket, boots, and they also required a kill switch that has a lanyard for your wrist.

2. If you are running a street tire don't do a water burnout, drive around the water and spin the tire just to clean it off.

3. Hold the brake and grip the bike with your legs while standing off the seat.

4. I always try to get in the tire tracks of the cars or find a clean area, the center of the track can sometimes be oily.

5. Its a fine line between hooking and spinning, you don't want to spin, over time you will learn your clutches sweet spot combined with the right engine rpm.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NEWALLA OK. ABOUT 25 MILES EAST OF OKC. HAVENT SEEN ANOTHER 109 YET ON THE ROAD. GLAD TO HAVE ANOTHER OKIE RIDING A 109

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANKS FOR THE INFO B.B.B . MY BIKE IS STOCK SO I DONT EXPECT ANYTHING FASTER THAN 11.50 BY THE POST I HAVE READ, BUT AT WHAT ET DO THEY REQUIRE KILL SWITCH?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sometimes it depends on the track.  Most don't require full leathers untill 9.99 but some tracks require more saftey equip at slower ET' such as a lanyard.  If your track has a safety guy try and contact him to find out what he will require.  They are usually very happy to answer and quetions you might have. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I AM A SKINNY 150 POUNDER. THATS A DIFFERENCE OF 80 LBS. I MAY PUT DOWN SOME GOOD TIMES DUE TO MY WEIGHT IF I CAN GET SOME GOOD PRACTICE. THANKS JR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts