M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one who has the chin spoiler. could you measure the screen as if you had to cut it out of blank material, and pm me. Im trying to get a piece to match the grill im getting , but need to know what size stock blank to ask for so I can cut it to the correct size. want to order the grill this week.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Any one who has the chin spoiler. could you measure the screen as if you had to cut it out of blank material, and pm me. Im trying to get a piece to match the grill im getting , but need to know what size stock blank to ask for so I can cut it to the correct size. want to order the grill this week.
Rockfordrider, you are going to need 7" x 7" piece of mesh screen to fill in the opening of the Chin Spoiler. It is the perfect size. All you will have to to is mold it to the opening of the Chin Spoiler from the inside and then apply some epoxy on the inside to hold it in place. It will not move once it is dry. I bought my piece of chrome mesh screen from Ducks517, because I wanted the exact same mesh that he used when he customized my air intake covers.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
448 Posts
If it is going to be paint I riveted in 12 metal tabs so that I could bent it over the mesh so that it was not a permanent thing just a idea and u use alittle body filler then prime and paint buy I think some of there new chins have the tabs already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
If it is going to be paint I riveted in 12 metal tabs so that I could bent it over the mesh so that it was not a permanent thing just a idea and u use alittle body filler then prime and paint buy I think some of there new chins have the tabs already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man Yellow109r, I hope you are right about the tabs being in the new chin spoilers. That would be awesome. I just purchased a chrome chin spoiler as part of the big group buy that is currently going on from Low and Mean, and I hope it shows up with the tabs already in it for the mesh screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts