M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been unable to ride since my bike accident at the end of Feb. I have had my bike in the shop where they were able to get it back together but I was told I need a new front tire.

when I went to the shop I saw another bike in the shop with a large back tire and when they told me it was a dunlop E3 260 I told them that's what I had and they told me that I had a 240...and yes you can go ahead and laugh ... I had not looked at the tire when I put it on at my other dealers location and they had given me a 240 vs the 260 I had ordered.

well, long story short ..even though my back tire is new I want to go ahead and get the 260 but I just saw a post by another owner that put an AVON 250 on the back and and AVON 160 on the front.. I thought they looked good and seemed like good prices although I couldn't find an AVON 160 but did find and AVON 170 ...

What is a good front tire that will allow me to still turn decently. i've only had my bike for a couple of years and still don't like taking the curves at too fast a speed ... also is there really a big enough difference to go ahead and go to the 260 ?

Thanks in advance for any help...all of the people on here are great and i'm glad to be a part of the community

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, I appreciate the response. I'm really looking forward to getting back to riding and look forward to riding with some of ya'll in the area...great bunch of people riding great bikes.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I am sure that you are ready to ride after being out since February. How long were you on con leave for?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been out since the end of Feb and after minor surgery on the shoulder at the begining of Aug the doc says I'll need a couple of months of rehab...what better rehab than stretching the shoulders by riding ..;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts