M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was involved in an accident at the end of Feb, I have been unable to ride since then but have had my bike getting repaired at the dealers. The left side of the gas tank and the back left fender were scratched in the accident and were taken to a paint shop.

after waiting a month, painter said it took that long to get the paint from color rite, he brought the tank back to the dealer, left it on the counter and left. when I got to the dealer they already had put the tank back on the bike as well as the back fender. myself and one of the mechanics noticed immediately that the two parts that had been painted were now a darker copper orange color rather thant the bright "candy ?" orange that is the normal color of the bike.

the painter was called and without even sounding surprised, he said that he would repaint it again. but he did say that orange was the hardest color to match..(uh oh...i'm begining to think i'm in trouble) well....

the dealer is suggesting I just have the painter do some kind of graphics and blend everything in together but i'd prefer to try and keep it the orange that has always gotten the compliments.

do you have any suggestions on how to get the tank back to a similar color or if i do have to have some kind of graphics/paint job what would be some suggestions as to keeping it close to the look of the orange.

thanks in advance for your suggestions.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Repainting the entire bike wouild obviously resolve any issues with the panels not matching...as far as getting the "candy" orange as opposed to the "copper"...if purchased through colorite, I'm not sure why there would be any drastic change

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i have herd this over and over again about the orange. it is super hard to match. i would agree with ronnie have the whole bike sprayed again. and i would have the painter absorb some of the cost. a good painter would be able to match it no matter how much of a PITA it is.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
"i herd goats" this over and over again about the orange. it is super hard to match. i would agree with ronnie have the whole bike sprayed again. and i would have the painter absorb some of the cost. a good painter would be able to match it no matter how much of a PITA it is.
What do you Herd?:dontknow: :joke:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i sucked in school sorry..........:-[

just remember were you are laying your head friday night sir.....:evil:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
What do you Herd?:dontknow: :joke:
He obviously herds cats! That's where his injury came from.:D

I agree that I would talk to the painter and talk him into spraying the entire bike. Getting a clear coat that isn't from suzuki on the whole bike would be worth it.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
i need to replace my tank,and they come from suzuki painted in your color already!! For $964 bucks.....suzuki should install it and fill it up too!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate all the input, I went to the dealer yesterday and we will be sitting down with the painter and will probably have the painter paint it one more time. if it still doesn't look the same I'll have to get some graphics/paint job to blend the tank in.

with so many great paint jobs on here i'm hoping to get some good idea's would like to have my avatar painted on the bike but not sure where to have it painted possibly on the back cowl and then maybe some blue/grey flames/tribal on the bike.

well, thanks again for all the input, besides being a great bike the great support you get from other owners is just as wonderful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts