M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys if I'm going to run a fi2000r with a cobra tri pro exhaust on my 9 do I need specific air intakes ? Which intakes would you recommend? I was thinking ness big suckers with k&n filters but would like to know or see more types and what greater hp they give ? Cheers and I await the great info :p

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Hey guys if I'm going to run a fi2000r with a cobra tri pro exhaust on my 9 do I need specific air intakes ? Which intakes would you recommend? I was thinking ness big suckers with k&n filters but would like to know or see more types and what greater hp they give ? Cheers and I await the great info :p
You kind of have it backwards. You can run any intake, any pipe, or any combination. The question is whether you need fuel management. In your case, you have pipes and fuel....just pick an intake that you like. The fact of the matter is that most of them are not going to show a huge gain/loss in power over others.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
You kind of have it backwards. You can run any intake, any pipe, or any combination. The question is whether you need fuel management. In your case, you have pipes and fuel....just pick an intake that you like. The fact of the matter is that most of them are not going to show a huge gain/loss in power over others.
:agree: for once with him. :D:joke:

I would go with Ducks air covers for more of a custom look, and you will save some $$ also.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
NEMO HYPER CHARGERS!!

$4 for a piece of galvanized soffitt vent and hot glued it in. LOL Stock covers, K&N's behind them.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
If I new about ducks befor I bought mine, I would have done them In a heartbeat.
:agree: Get a pair of Ducks517 Air Intakes custom made. If you have a design you would like to have as part of your intake covers, I am sure he can do it. The guy is absolutely amazing. I am getting him to do another set for my second M109R, because I liked the first ones so much.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm running the Thunder MFG Tornado with the 2 into 1's and FI-2000 and am very happy with the fit and finish.... and best of all I can definitely feel a performance increase! :bigthumbsup:

Some pics,

Cheers

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Micky good looking bike :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:. When/were did you buy her? Did you do the mods if so were did you get them from? I have placed a deposit on 2010 LE due to land in my drive way just before xmas. I could get the dealer to put all the mods yours has on or ill do it myself and import the parts from the USA and save a couple of grand:dontknow:. Thats why i was asking for reputable parts dealers in the USA and/or brands of parts and which one is better.:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Micky good looking bike :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:. When/were did you buy her? Did you do the mods if so were did you get them from? I have placed a deposit on 2010 LE due to land in my drive way just before xmas. I could get the dealer to put all the mods yours has on or ill do it myself and import the parts from the USA and save a couple of grand:dontknow:. Thats why i was asking for reputable parts dealers in the USA and/or brands of parts and which one is better.:D
Hi Toro,
I got the 109 in June here in Perth.
I did all mods myself, and got most parts direct from http://www.cruisercustomizing.com and a few other places.
I have found CC to be very reliable and super fast.
The instructions that come with all the various parts are pretty easy to follow and if it saves you "grands" then definitely do it yourself! :bigthumbsup:
Go for it whilst our dollar is kicking some A$$!
Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
It is true what Harris said. Really not going to see any real difference in HP with any of them. I would go with what you like for sure. A set of covers from me or any other manufacturer would work great. The fuel programmer is the key to gaining all the HP you want out of the mods.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
You kind of have it backwards. You can run any intake, any pipe, or any combination. The question is whether you need fuel management. In your case, you have pipes and fuel....just pick an intake that you like. The fact of the matter is that most of them are not going to show a huge gain/loss in power over others.[/QUOTE]

It is true what Harris said. Really not going to see any real difference in HP with any of them. I would go with what you like for sure. A set of covers from me or any other manufacturer would work great. The fuel programmer is the key to gaining all the HP you want out of the mods.
From one option to another there is not a big difference.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts