M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at fitting Cobra exhaust to my bike and have been told by my dealer that they can remap the ECU to give you up to 10% extra fuel . Has anyone out there had this done and if you have, how dose the bike now perform or would i still need to look at getting the likes of a Power Commander

Chooky

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not to shy you away, but I have the Cobra Dragsters pcIII and K&N filters with a tune. My bike runs just better than crap. :edit: I hope that the tune is just crappy. I have big areas where the bike breaks up like it is miss firing. Just wanted to give my .02. I haven't heard of anyone having problems like this so it may just be my bike.

·
Registered
775 Posts
only thing you're gonna get 10% of anything out of is a power commander and a complete map download. talk to JR, he could tell you the most about it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Sorry to be the one that brings up new info around here.... but your dealer is talking about using a Yosh Box to tune your bike. It has worked quite well in the past for me, I even used one on a race bike on the hot pit lane at Daytona back many years ago. It is limited in how granular you can go.

This box attaches to your bike, you adjust the f/i and then remove it. (like a Factory Pro Teka box)

The Yoshimura YAFMS is used in conjunction with OEM electronic control module (ECM)
Adjuster box connects to stock wiring harness and communicates with your ECM
The adjuster allows you to make fuel map adjustments to the slow speed circuit and low, medium and high throttle positions on the fuel injection map
Adjustments are made with a fix position switch; additional potentiometer fine-tunes the slow-speed circuit
Adjusts fuel metering from -10% injector duration to +10% injector duration in increments of +/- 5%
Does not alter sensor input -- box adjusts ECM fuel map. This means your fuel injection will function properly at all elevations and in varying weather conditions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts