M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
currently i have my 2nd clear alternatives with integrated blinkers and it is goin down hill fast. are there any other lites like that around that arent junk, or is it possible for it to get fixed so it works properly? the taillight keeps cutting in and out, i have been thru my wiring several times everything else seems to work ok. just pisses me off!!!!!!!! i want to get it fixed if at all possible cuz the one year warranty is passed and cant get $$$ back

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Q: Where can I get a clear tail light?
A:
Many people on here have purchaced Clear Alternative lights. Alot of problems plagued these lights, and most were returned to the manufacture. Some members have gotten their new generation lights, and have written good reviews on them.
If you are looking for just a clear lens tail light to mimic the "LE" tail light, you can change the lens to clear. The leds under your stock light are red. There is a how-to on here. http://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...red+tail+light.
There is also a clear lens tail light on ebay, offered by "D2MOTO" that has integrated turn signals for $50 delivered to your door. I personally own one of these lights, and I love it. D2moto PH#626-363-8822, Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST. You may need to use some silicone around the edges of the lens to completely seal them up. I have only heard 1 complaint though.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does that mean NO? there is no fixing it or do you just want me to get a d2moto. i dont know anything about these lites and figured i just may be able to gt it fixed cheaper if there is any fixing to it. and yes i saw the FAQ but it didnt answer my question

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I just sent my defective CA light in and they got a new one (with a bunch more LED's) back to me in about a week. I didn't have any proof of purchase and it was over 1 year old. CA might have some crappy older lights but they stand behind them and were great with replacing mine.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I just sent my defective CA light in and they got a new one (with a bunch more LED's) back to me in about a week. I didn't have any proof of purchase and it was over 1 year old. CA might have some crappy older lights but they stand behind them and were great with replacing mine.
But, IMO, you'll end up spending more on return shipping (I sent 4 back before I just asked for a refund) than you would to just buy a new light.

So, to answer the OP's question... No fix that I am aware of, other than returning it.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
But, IMO, you'll end up spending more on return shipping (I sent 4 back before I just asked for a refund) than you would to just buy a new light.

So, to answer the OP's question... No fix that I am aware of, other than returning it.
Shipping was $8 and since this is like the 24th edition:joke: of the tailight hopefully they have worked out the burned out LED problem.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I was under the impression that it was a fairly new design compared to the CA light that had the same amount of LEDs as the stocker. Well I will cross my fingers and hope mine holds up. If this one goes bad I will just use that D2 light.
A huge problem with these light is also the angle of the LEDS. They point, and reflect UP, instead of OUT! Park your bike about 5 ft from a wall, hit the brake light, and see how high the reflection is. Almost impossible to see in a car, from behind. I've followed guys running them. At night you can see them... During the day, use arm signals, including the brake, cause IMO, they're useless!

·
Registered
516 Posts
I just recently tried to order a clear tail light from D2moto and they were out of stock (they did have the smoked ones). No problem I thought, I'll e-mail them and ask when they expect to get more in. I got back a very vague answer saying they have no idea what will be on their next order or even when that will be. Frustrated, I ordered a stock LE clear tail light from the dealer. Yeah, it was 200 bucks but there will be no quality issues or shipping hassles and will be here in a couple of days.

·
Registered
462 Posts
currently i have my 2nd clear alternatives with integrated blinkers and it is goin down hill fast. are there any other lites like that around that arent junk, or is it possible for it to get fixed so it works properly? the taillight keeps cutting in and out, i have been thru my wiring several times everything else seems to work ok. just pisses me off!!!!!!!! i want to get it fixed if at all possible cuz the one year warranty is passed and cant get $$$ back
those lights are ****ttts..

all i have to say is ..... d2moto.com

gl

·
Registered
547 Posts
A huge problem with these light is also the angle of the LEDS. They point, and reflect UP, instead of OUT! Park your bike about 5 ft from a wall, hit the brake light, and see how high the reflection is. Almost impossible to see in a car, from behind. I've followed guys running them. At night you can see them... During the day, use arm signals, including the brake, cause IMO, they're useless!
That's sort of how I fealt about the Dmoto light. Maybe I should have sent my Dmoto light back when it failed but as far as I was concerned it didn't light up well enough either, for the week it worked.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
How many of those you send back were the new style with 150 (give or take) LEDs?
I just threw one in the trash last week. It had been on my bike for over three years, and was the second one I had put on. About one year ago the turn signals quit. Then on a ride over Memorial Day weekend, first one side of the tail light quit, then the other. I was 50 miles from home with no tail light or brake lights!:eek:

I have determined that I will no longer rely on CA lights for any of my bikes. BTW, a friend riding a B-King had his CA tail light malfunction on him on the same ride. He lost about half of the LEDS on his light. Talk about coincidinks?

No more CA for me. I put all of the stock stuff back on. Even had to put on my stock amber turn signal lens, as two of the CA clear signal lens fell off on a ride last weekend. Have no idea where they are, on the side of the road somewhere.

CA sucks.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I just threw one in the trash last week. It had been on my bike for over three years, and was the second one I had put on. About one year ago the turn signals quit. Then on a ride over Memorial Day weekend, first one side of the tail light quit, then the other. I was 50 miles from home with no tail light or brake lights!:eek:

I have determined that I will no longer rely on CA lights for any of my bikes. BTW, a friend riding a B-King had his CA tail light malfunction on him on the same ride. He lost about half of the LEDS on his light. Talk about coincidinks?

No more CA for me. I put all of the stock stuff back on. Even had to put on my stock amber turn signal lens, as two of the CA clear signal lens fell off on a ride last weekend. Have no idea where they are, on the side of the road somewhere.

CA sucks.
I would have bought that light off of you... Check the for sale section. I've been looking for them for parts for over a month.:-\

1 - 20 of 20 Posts