M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I'm new to the site, just bought my M109 in late March this year after years of wanting one and finally giving up the rocket. Just joined this site last night after watching one of the many great youtube videos of 109's. I saw the link on someone's video.
The question I've got is : My dealer told me that the seat cowl that goes on in place of the passenger seat for solo riding was OPTIONAL and did not come with the bike standard. I thought that was kind of strange seeing as how almost all the 109's you see in pics have that piece installed. Don't get me wrong I'm glad I've got a passenger seat but I'd love to have that part for solo riding without having to dish out another $:dontknow:180.00 for it. Thanks for any help you all can offer and I look forward to many more posts.
Ken

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
standard, he sold your cowl!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Just double checked the Suzuki web site and it says that the cowl is standard equiptment for our bikes. Give him two kicks after you show him on their own web page.
Bob

·
Registered
838 Posts
and the dealers wonder why we hate them so much. trying to get an extra dollar from us. Instead of being such A$$HOLES and trying to get one by every chance they can get and did their job the way they are suposed to. I think alot more people would go to them for their work.
I still wouldn't though. I love turning wrenches

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Go kick your dealer in the nuts and tell him to fork over the cowl.
Now THAT's a Straight answer!:bow::clap2::a20:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Same thing happened to me last year pretty much, only I knew that the cowl should come with it. The lady I was working with told me they would have to order one in and took my address from me, then when I called back the next week I had to talk to the owner and he was trying to tell me I would have to pay for it. I had a post on here with all the details but it worked out for me in the end, hopefully it does for you too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thats bs the same thing happened to me last year. The salesman told me you either got the seat or the cowl well one of my buddys used to work at the dealer and he said it definatley comes with both but they tell you it doesnt then they sell u the one that comes with it for 180 bux. So i had to go back and talk to the manager and after bickering he finally gave it to me

1 - 20 of 64 Posts