M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all i want to introduce myself. My name Bader and i'm a follow rider from Kuwait. Purchased 10' M109 LE last June and been enjoing the bike since. I Just got the oem engine guard. However It seems the instruction manual is missing. Could somebody be kind enough to scan the manual and either post or e-mail it to me.

Appreciate all the help
Bader

·
Registered
141 Posts
Its pretty straight forward. Just line them up on the bike so you know which bolts to remove from the bike. You will use the same bolts to mount the engine guards. When removing the bottom bolts from the bike you will need to support the engine with a floor jack. You will have to lower and raise the engine to line up the bottom bolts. You will also have to remove the plastic body parts around the radiator...........Chicago Jon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:bigthumbsup:
Its pretty straight forward. Just line them up on the bike so you know which bolts to remove from the bike. You will use the same bolts to mount the engine guards. When removing the bottom bolts from the bike you will need to support the engine with a floor jack. You will have to lower and raise the engine to line up the bottom bolts. You will also have to remove the plastic body parts around the radiator...........Chicago Jon
Thanks for the hints:bigthumbsup: however i still need to know the location of each washer and the torque values

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Torque values

:bigthumbsup:
Thanks for the hints:bigthumbsup: however i still need to know the location of each washer and the torque values
The footrest bolts are 36 ft lbs LH side, 43 RH side (50-60 NM). I'm not sure about the other two, but they should be about the same.
Bolt, lock washer, washer in that order.
Make sure you have a small jack under the front of the engine on a block of wood as it will sag some when you remove the bolts, and you won't be able to rethread the bolts.
Check that the top bolt on the left hand side does not contact the coolant hose when in all the way. It's a close fit.
You can do it!

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
There is a thread in the "How to section" of the board. Click here And the service manual will not tell you how to do it as it is not stock on the bike. But if you plan on working on your 9, I would get one. It is the only mod that pays you back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again guys. I will give it a try tonight. But it would still be helpful if i can get the installation instruction manual that comes with the guard.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I bought mine from a member with no paper work as stated Its pretty straight forward move your fuel tank back so you can get to the neck and take the top of the rad cowl lose that will give you room to work hold them up there and it will become clear.Good luck

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
I will take a picture of the install directions and post it up. I will not be able to do it until Monday or Tuesday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
It's done :a18:. With a minimum effort today, the installation was not as bad as I thought. If it was not for the long upper left bolt that had to be shortened and the too small lower left spacer, I could have finished the installation much sooner. Anyways thanks again and its great to have such a wonderful M109 forum/forum members :bigthumbsup:

cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts