M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
POSTED HERE FOR THE MOST POSSIBLE CIRCULATION AND HELP. SORRY ADMINS IF YOU NEED TO MOVE IT PLEASE FORGIVE.

Bike was shipped by seller using North American van lines who then in turn used STI.

Now I get to fill this out >> http://www.stidelivers.com/contact/claimform.html

Dealer is also shipping me the passenger seat that was missed. He swears that they have shipped over a 100 bikes and only had one claim that was promptly handled. I will not be holding my breath on that part. Real nice fella. Real pleasant to talk to but I have had to call and inquire about every little thing thru the entire sale. Follow-up on his part has not been adequete.

He still has not sent me cash back as part of the deal yet. ::)

Next Time I will support my local dealer and not save $2000. This is not worth the hassle. Lesson learned. :bigthumbsup:

So as not to be overly pessimistic.....I FREAKING LOVE THIS BIKE !!! Gorgeous, powerful, and just dead sexy. I could not stop smiling while watching them scratch....I mean pull it off the truck.

·
Registered
253 Posts
try this number as the part number for the right airfilter cover 13741-48G00Â and this for the tank 44100-48G20-YLDÂ californian blue or canadian is 44100-48G20-YAY

tank Price 773.20

airfilter Price 126.30

hope this helps

G

·
would it be cheaper just to get it painted? and you might want to think about getting the new air kits as well if there going to pay for it might as well upgrade.

·
Registered
122 Posts
firecat said:
would it be cheaper just to get it painted? and you might want to think about getting the new air kits as well if there going to pay for it might as well upgrade.
partmoster,

I agree just start working on your mods, NOW! The scratch is too bad from what I can tell. So if you had planned on painting the bike here's a good opportunity. I would hate for you to have to fork out $700 and then later decide to paint it. Hope everything works out. I assume the shipping company is going to pay for the damage. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the part number info. I ordered them from my OEM supplier for my shop. Saved about $330. To clarify the company that shipped the bike www.stidelivers.com is paying for the replacement parts. I charged them my dealer cost as it did not seem fair to charge full retail since I am a dealer. It was the right thing to do.

I completed the claim form on their website and submitted the pictures above. I imagine now it's a waiting game.

On the positive side I will have a spare tank and air filter cover to paint up if I ever get frisky and have enough time. I can't imagine how Lamonster finds time to play with the bikes he owns. I own a shop and work full time as an logisitcs analyst, plus play dad and husband. I barely have time to scratch my kahuna's. I envy anyone who has time to wrench. I still have an uncompleted 1979 CM400 Hondamatic in the basement with a Redskins theme paint job (shut up the wife is a fan not me) I did up last summer. ::)

Oh yeah and then theres the 1979 Suzuki GS750 I have been "restoring" for the last 6 years....I am hopeless ::)

Louie

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Those movers do not look like they know how to ship a $13,000 motorcycle that the owner loves. Next time do it yourself.

Sheeesh

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
You weren't the guy that got this bike from Minnisota...A while back a guy was going on and on about how much money he would save...and everyone was
suggesting he buy it locally so if there was issues , then it can be dealt with better.

THose guys look like idiots...l wouldn't let them touch my shoes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts