M109 Riders banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got to replace the stock seat before Sturgis, feedback on this seat lead me to believe it may be the best option. For those that own one, does it fit the bike like the stock seat, does it change rider position? Are there different seat patterns to choose from, does it latch securely or do they use the old seat pan? Are there better seats out there? I really don't know where to start, some expert guidance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have got to replace the stock seat before Sturgis, feedback on this seat lead me to believe it may be the best option. For those that own one, does it fit the bike like the stock seat, does it change rider position? Are there different seat patterns to choose from, does it latch securely or do they use the old seat pan? Are there better seats out there? I really don't know where to start, some expert guidance would be appreciated.
I personally prefer the Ultimate Seat, but many like the Corbin.
Corbin has a bunch of available options. You design your own seat. It is a matter of preference. Luckily, I only live an hour from Daytona, so I went down and tried out both seats. The Corbin is not bad, I just liked the Ultimate better. The Corbin feels like you're sitting in the bike vs on the bike, IDK about rider position, it felt somewhat closer to the bars to me, but I've read on here, the seat pan is molded so that helps. Here's the link to Corbin, play around with the designs, you get to see how it would look like, pretty cool.

http://corbin.com/suzuki/m109rsp.shtml

Ultimate link
https://ultimateseats.ca/suzuki-motorcycle-accessories/boulevard-m109r-seats

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
^^^^^

good price,I would jump on that..easy sell if you don’t like it.

love mine,like mentioned above,you sit in them not on top...fit bike just like the stock,can be a little tight locking in till it breaks in...on the firm side compared to the ultimate,but support you around the outside of your ass..bike feels a little bit lower..1000kms rides no problem..mine sits me a little further back than the stock...they will customize if you have an odd need,many styles/patterns to choose from..
very few people have complaints other than price

·
Registered
260 Posts
I should have my Corbin by Friday. Went with black leather top, black vinyl sides, blacked out logo, no piping or backrest cutout, with grey diamond stich pattern. Cant wait to see it and test it out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had my Corbin a few weeks and love it. It does feel more like sitting in the bike as opposed to sitting on the bike. Also gives some good lower back support. I did feel a little closer to the bars, which at 5'7", is fine with me. I can't wait for this damn rain to clear!

Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Years ago I put a Corbin on my V-65 Sabre. It was made to my body dimensions and once it was broken it, it was very comfortable. However, after several years the seat cover deteriorated and I had no recourse with Corbin. The bike was never parked outside, yet the seat cover split and cracked. Hopefully they are using different materials now.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Finally got my corbin. Looks better in person! The grey stitching matches my flat grey paint. Now if only it was warm enough to ride..
The price was a bit much though. Never thought I'd spend that much for a seat, but the stocker was killing my tailbone.

As for your original questions, obviously I cant attest to thecomfort yet. The quality looks great. The site you order from sucks. Theres no pics to help you choose options, and there's a ton of options. I called and told them I wanted a diamond plate stich pattern with grey/dark silver stiching with no cut out for the back rest. They told me to go with leather on top, vinyl on the side for durability. I chose no piping, looks better all clean and I blacked out the corbin logo. Just call and talk to someone, I found that way to be much easier to place my order.
Don't know when your trip is, but mine took about 4 weeks to get made n shipped out, so plan that accordingly if you go with corbin.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Finally got my corbin. Looks better in person! The grey stitching matches my flat grey paint. Now if only it was warm enough to ride..
The price was a bit much though. Never thought I'd spend that much for a seat, but the stocker was killing my tailbone.

As for your original questions, obviously I cant attest to thecomfort yet. The quality looks great. The site you order from sucks. Theres no pics to help you choose options, and there's a ton of options. I called and told them I wanted a diamond plate stich pattern with grey/dark silver stiching with no cut out for the back rest. They told me to go with leather on top, vinyl on the side for durability. I chose no piping, looks better all clean and I blacked out the corbin logo. Just call and talk to someone, I found that way to be much easier to place my order.
Don't know when your trip is, but mine took about 4 weeks to get made n shipped out, so plan that accordingly if you go with corbin.
Once you get riding on it you'll completely forget about how you spent on it

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Once you get riding on it you'll completely forget about how you spent on it
I hope so lol!
After 10 years in my corbin saddle..the price dosnt even cross my mind,worth every penny and just gets better with age..and like you I had the tailbone issues with the stocker and gel seats..corbin saddle solved all that...money well spent

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
After 10 years in my corbin saddle..the price dosnt even cross my mind,worth every penny and just gets better with age..and like you I had the tailbone issues with the stocker and gel seats..corbin saddle solved all that...money well spent
Very well stated Stav. I haven't had my Corbin seats quite as long as you have, but I can confirm that the comfort of the Corbin seats are second to none and well worth every penny. I'm so glad I finally got over the cost (even for a used but excellent set), and made the purchases. I had to realize that I was actually making an investment in myself, and that helped me to get over the hump. I now can ride either of my 9s for hours upon hours without any discomfort whatsoever. I've got just over $20k in upgrades and mods invested in my 08' M109R, and the Corbin seats are certainly at the top of my list as one of, if not the best, mod on that bike other than the paint scheme.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Just to cheer you up a little,

with these prices wouldn't it be cheaper to have the

last segment of the tail bone to be chopped off? :joke:....

I know I know... My long distance trips on 9 in Europe

never did give me any seat trouble.. We all have

different comfort zones.. 6-7 hundred daily km

trips were all ok.. One huge problem.. no beer allowed...

.... Keep your butts safe!!!...............:jacked:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts