M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first off, hello! I've been reading the board for a few days while waiting on my activation and I must say this is one of the most informative motorcyle boards i'v seen....
I bought a Hyosung GV650 cruiser (company formerly owned by Suzuki) about two years ago. It was my first bike and bought it for a daily driver thinking the wife would never want to ride (my little escape pod from the house, ya know). Then the lady of the house decides she wants to ride with me. Well I'm a big guy (6'1 300lbs):eek: and while she is half my size the 650 wasn't made for 2 up at 450lbs so I sold it. I looked around and fell in love with the M109. Now I have a few questions about it before I go buy one. Can't argue with a wife who says she wants a bigger bike now can I :a18:?

How's comfortable is the bike for the passenger and will a bigger/better seat still conform to the rear seat cover (which will be on when she isn't)?

I really, really want an orange M109 (Huge Clemson fan) so if I can't find an orange 2008 how costly is it to have it painted all orange? How much more for custom paint job?

What kind of gas milage does it get? Not that it really matters...just wondering.

Thanks for the info and I hope I will be posting pics of my new M109 soon if all goes as planned.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Welcome
I'm 6 foot and 270 and I fit just great. I am getting an aftermarket seat for mine. Everyones backside is different. I woulld say go sit on one with the wife and then do a search on seats. Bet it will rock your world when you get a handful of 9 looking to go somewhere in a hurry. And I bet you wife is gonna want a backrest. The bike is just to fast to not do it.
Bob

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts
Well first off, hello! I've been reading the board for a few days while waiting on my activation and I must say this is one of the most informative motorcyle boards i'v seen....
I bought a Hyosung GV650 cruiser (company formerly owned by Suzuki) about two years ago. It was my first bike and bought it for a daily driver thinking the wife would never want to ride (my little escape pod from the house, ya know). Then the lady of the house decides she wants to ride with me. Well I'm a big guy (6'1 300lbs):eek: and while she is half my size the 650 wasn't made for 2 up at 450lbs so I sold it. I looked around and fell in love with the M109. Now I have a few questions about it before I go buy one. Can't argue with a wife who says she wants a bigger bike now can I :a18:? Got to love her for that. :bigthumbsup:

How's comfortable is the bike for the passenger and will a bigger/better seat still conform to the rear seat cover (which will be on when she isn't)? Get the Suzuki Gel seats, the passenger one is 500% better. Wider and thicker.

I really, really want an orange M109 (Huge Clemson fan) so if I can't find an orange 2008 how costly is it to have it painted all orange? How much more for custom paint job? That is a tough one to answer. I would think paint would be $1200 to how custom you want to get. I am sure some of the guys that paint on here will chine in on that or you can always call your local body shops. Just find a used orange if you can not find one new. Check Romnie cycles in WVA, I have heard they bought up a lot of the east coast stock.

What kind of gas milage does it get? Not that it really matters...just wondering. It all depends on how you are on the throttle and the mods that the bike has. I would say 38-48 would be an average.

Thanks for the info and I hope I will be posting pics of my new M109 soon if all goes as planned.
:welcome: to the forum. Answers in red.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A backrest is a definate! In fact, I wouldn't let her ride with me without one. I just need to figure out if I need to hold out until I find an orange 2008 or just find the best deal and get it painted. Can't decide which way to go???. I also want to see if the aftermarket seats comform to the rear seat cover.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
the 109 is a great 2 up bike, very comfy for both and plenty of power. I went with the Suz. gel seats. Wider for her, firmer for me (I highly reccomend) also i'd say change the pegs, get away from the stock sport bike type, at least for her. And put a sissy bar on if you want to keep her.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
the bike itself is very comfortable and comparing it to your old bike, you will have even more comfort and power to boot. gas mileage will depend on how you ride and the mods that you do or don't do the bike.
and finding a 2008 in orange shouldn't be too hard. search ebay or check the for sale thread on here. post a WTB thread and let members on here know how far you are willing to travel to buy an orange. you should be able to find what you want.

·
Radio Active Member
22,674 Posts
:welcome:

Great of the wife to want you got get a bigger bike. Do it quick before she changes her mind. :D

Suzuki gel seats are great, both driver and passenger. Especially the passenger seat, she probably won't like the stock passenger seat at all. The rear cowl still fits fine.

If you want to run up to WV, Romney Cycles has an orange one on the floor brand new for $9,995. They probably have at least 15 M109's and close to that many C109's, new and used. Pretty much every color from the last two years.
http://www.romneycycles.com/new_veh...2010J10I16I44JPMQ4317R0&veh=54112&pov=1575703

·
Registered
508 Posts
I bought my 109 without knowing for sure that my wife would ride with me.
she loved it right away so I went for the comfy backrest and (luggage rack so we could carry some stuff on short trips) We now ride everywhere together and are looking at the gel seats and passenger floorboards next.
She seems very happy with the setup.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Great responses guys! Thanks for the info. Especially the Romney Cycles and Suzuki gel seat info...exactly what I needed to hear. God willing :bow: I will be 2 up on a "9" really soon 8) . Like one of you guys said, it's not often a wife asks for something bigger, unless were in bed that is :dontknow:.....:-\ later.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Rear seat

I bought the wife the Corbin rear seat with the backrest, When I want to ride 1 up it comes off easy, and goes on real quick as well. It also doesn't look as "wierd" when you have it on the bike when you're out by yourself. Congrats on moving up to the 9, enjoy it safely.

·
Registered
735 Posts
welcome to the board and good luck find an orange 9
where in south georgia are you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm in a town called Pelham, Ga. About 30 miles south of Albany and 45 miles north of Tallahassee, FL. Originally from Upstate South Carolina (Hence the Clemson fandom).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts