M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
:pop: Luv the movies. What will they think of next?
Interesting for sure though I think I get most of my wind from over top of my windshield. I have a shooter at the moment and am changing it this week for a Hellcat. My wife does complain about the wind. I had an Intruder Volusia before with the big CHiP'r windshield on it and she misses it. I think she does get more wind in her face than from below so I don't think it would help much. Though still inovative.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Pretty cool If I wore only a vest, or a baseball cap.

I would just like it to be fall. Then I would have cool breezes instead of a blast furnace.

Besides, my chin strap keeps me awake :joke:

Sledzep

·
Registered
330 Posts
i have noticed big time that since i put my windshield on i get that up draft into my face. and stuff beats my face up. i think the vest is interesting.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice, idea. Great narration on that homemade commercial. Not something I would want though, love the wind on my fullface helmet especially while its still hot. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Bummer, just installed the hellcat a few minutes ago! Really!

Its been raining so I didn't go out for a long high speed test drive but I think I know what to expect. The Shooter wasn't too bad just a couple inches short for my liking. I don't expect the same, no wind - smoke a cig at 75 mph, as I had on my last bike. For wind, the shooter did ok til @ 40, I'm hoping the hellcat is good til @ 60 if I drop my head a bit below the top of the shield. Though really the main reason is bugs at night on country roads...I hate getting a face and chest full of them. Oh, and the rain hurts sometimes.

These are small shields and mine is at an angle to better match the bike profile, my expectations are not as high as the others.

Though thanks, interesting reading, hadn't seen that post.
:doorag:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts