M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This evening as the sun was setting Bambi trotted onto highway as I was meeting a car.I was at 120km when deer came out of ditch I hit both brakes and locked up the front I came off the front a little and the bike responded much better than I thought it would.I think I have been lazy lately and not using the rear brake enough as it did not lock up, I think I just had no Idea how hard to push it at the time.I had no time to even drop a gear.I got down to about 50 km when he took off into the other ditch.If you happen to be in a similar situation don't be afraid to haul it down hard because this beast has a super good front end with great brakes.

G

·
Man you are lucky. Deer are running rampant here. I didn't even get a chance to hit the brakes when I hit a doe on my 109. I was OK except for messed up right leg. Bike did not fair as well - $3800 to get her fixed. Now I am nervous as hell riding it to work in the morning.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well, I have yet to be attacked by something as large as a deer, but a freaking ARMADILLO tried to commit suicide the other night by running in front of me!!   :eek:

70mph at about 12:30am on a moonlit night and I suddenly realized I was about to be killed by a 10 pound armadillo. I slalomed around the little beast and never even had the chance to slow down, (The bike does respond well to countersteering, I will say!)  the car behind me didn't fare as well....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts