M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Great ride, great weekend, great food, great overall! Just posting to ensure everybody got back safe and dry yesterday. I logged exactly 980 miles. If I had ridden with the rest of you guys instead of napping Saturday I could've gotten over 1k. I got sprinkled on just as I was exiting I-40 to go home. After I had gotten all my gear inside, the bottom dropped out of the clouds . . . talk about timing. BobbyMac & Ooinkk posted a heck of a lotta pics on the Pics page. I'll post the few I have later today. I hate using this term, but the weekend was "totally awesome!" Thanks everybody, especially Keith, who got us a "totally awesome" cabin! :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

·
Registered
391 Posts
I think I messed Keith and K.D. up when I tgook the by-pass around Greensboro. Told them to go the opposite way I did but I seen the digital road signs said to take the bypass because I-40 was 1-lane for some reason. Sorry about that, I should have got in the back when I decided to take the bypass. Anyways I had a great time and cannot wait to do it again. Shout goes out to Tony for making the ride on a sport bike. Can't many make that ride brother! I logged 947 miles round trip.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I think I messed Keith and K.D. up when I tgook the by-pass around Greensboro. Told them to go the opposite way I did but I seen the digital road signs said to take the bypass because I-40 was 1-lane for some reason. Sorry about that, I should have got in the back when I decided to take the bypass.
No problem with the 1 lane on I-40. It actually didn't delay us for but around 2 min.'s or less. We were good until we got to Durham. We stopped for a while, but still got wet. I had a wonderful time and can't wait until we can do it again. Sorry about the pace that we were going when we left Ashville, I don't know what got into me:evil:. I guess I was trying to get as many miles as I could behind us before our next stop. I would ride with you guys any day. Ride safe and see you soon.
Nikeman, lets not let it be another 7 months before we ride together again:bigthumbsup:.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
No problem with the 1 lane on I-40. It actually didn't delay us for but around 2 min.'s or less. We were good until we got to Durham. We stopped for a while, but still got wet. I had a wonderful time and can't wait until we can do it again. Sorry about the pace that we were going when we left Ashville, I don't know what got into me:evil:. I guess I was trying to get as many miles as I could behind us before our next stop. I would ride with you guys any day. Ride safe and see you soon.
Nikeman, lets not let it be another 7 months before we ride together again:bigthumbsup:.
We all know why you were so anxious to get home . . . you had thoughts of you and your wife, but imagining Neytiri (Zoe Salada in Avatar) in her place :joke: . . . you sicko. I knew I should have pre-warned Dora before you got home . . .

That was the first time I've driven on the I-85 by-pass . . . pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I rolled in a little after 4:00 and want to say to all that I enjoyed the ride and hanging out with all the riders. A special thanks to KD for staying with me on the Interstate when the tire had oil issues thanks to my stupidity. This group af guys is the best and I am honored that you are my friends. And to TBUD, your wife will never find out that you can get up early in the AM..............LOL!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts