M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you guys and gals in the Houston area, you may want to ride through the Sam Houston National Forest if you haven't already. It's got quite a few curves and thick wooded scenery on both sides. Then maybe ride up through Richards, Anderson, then on to Carlos to Yankees Tavern. It's a decent biker stop that serves cold beverages and hot burgers. Just ride up through Tomball on 249 (aka Tomball Parkway) to Decker Prairie, take a right on FM 149 and follow it up to Anderson where it stops. Take a right and go a couple miles til you see the sign for Carlos and take a left. Follow it up 8 miles or so til you get to the stop sign. Cross over the highway and go another 1/4 mile and it will be on your right. Don't worry, you won't have the only bike there. There'll be plenty of eye candy to look at. If you go on this ride, once you turn left on the road up to Carlos, pay close attention to your left hand view. There is actually a really cool overlook that definitely doesn't resemble anything in SE Texas. Large rolling hills with a blue lake at the bottom. SWEET!!!! Enjoy the ride! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re: National Forrest Ride

I'm not familiar with Yankees Tavern but the ride through the National Forest on 149 is the best stretch of road in SE Texas to ride - plenty of curves and elevation changes. Very cool!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
moto said:
sh%#t i can't wait, i'm gonna try to show up in the morning.
Dude, where were you? I hooked up with ConnRadd, SSeymour, Shriker, and a guy named Chris on a silver 109R at Starbucks on 1960 the we bolted up through the forest to Yankee's. Maybe you can make the next one.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Totally rocked....great guys , great bike, great weather .....OYChoppa-badass ride.....thoroughly enjoyed it today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts