M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next weekend I will be setting out and hitting the Natchez Trace Parkway from Mississippi to Tennessee. I will begin in Lafourche Parish, LA (Very South Louisiana) and end in Memphis, TN. Round trip will be just short of 1000 miles.

Has anyone rode this route recently and could off me any words of advise or "Must Do" activities along the way??

Thanks,
:cop:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Good luck Bro

Please take alot of pictures to share with us.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will defently take alot of pics...I am looking forward to getting that perfect picture to put as my defult pic on here.

·
Registered
539 Posts
If you will be in Memphis visit Graceland. I wasn't a huge Elvis fan but to see what he accompolished was mind blowing. His car and motorcycle museum is well worth seeing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well just got back from my trip. Unfortunately, due to the weather, we had to modify our trip. We ended up spending the weekend in Biloxi due to the horrible weather. Today was our only nice day, so we traveled to the Columbia MS. and traveled on Hwy.587 to Red Bluff (Little Grand Canyon). It was by far an amazing trip, very nice roads, amazing views, and nice weather.

If your in the area of the Gulf Coast in Mississippi, I highly recommend this trip.

·
Registered
508 Posts
The Natchez Trace is where I do most of my riding. At least the southern most portion. Natchez itself it a great place if you like big antebellum homes. Farther north is Port Gibson, there you can find the Windsor ruins, a mansion that burned down during the civil war. All that is left are giant columns that are pretty cool. If you want some good home cooking there is a place on Hwy 61 just off the trace before Port Gibson called the Old Country Store. All along the way there are interesting stops such as Indian mounds, the old town of Rocky Springs that is really just a park now but there is some history there. North of Jackson you ride by the Ross Barnett reservoir. It is a nice ride along the water. Farther North is Ratliffs Ferry.
That is where a lot of local bikers like to go on Sunday afternoon just to hang out and look at bikes. It is also where the water crowd launch their boats for a weekend of water fun. Thats about as far North as I ever get.
Have a great trip:bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts