M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My shop sits a half mile from where Old Hickory Lake's dam dumps into the Cumberland River and as I returned to my shop this morning I discovered my shop is 8 feet under water and although it is most likely a total loss I feel so bad for all the people who have lost their homes here, and so blessed that I have a place to go home to tonight.

It is overwhelming to see the damage here first hand. Me and a friend of mine spent all day yesterday rescueing people in my duck boat and it is amazing the kind of stuff people bring with them when they have to abandon thier homes. One father we rescued asked us to wait a minute while he went back in the house to get his daughter prom dress she will wear this friday night. It brought tears to my eyes to think of a fathers love for his daughter, maybe because I have 3 daughters and feel so damn lucky it wasn't me.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Brad sorry for your loss bro. If there is anything that I can do to help you get going again, let me know. We must thank God everynight for the blessings we have! Glad you are ok. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Sorry for what you are going through that would be hard to have to deal with!! I hope everything works out in the end for you and all those people!

·
Registered
86 Posts
help

If theres anything i can help you with please let me know, I am 5 1/2 hrs north of you in illinois if you need anything

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sorry to here about the loss. I am supposed to make a trip to Nashville in a couple of weeks or so. I hope you all are okay.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
What a Shocker! I can't. Imagine. How that must have felt,
and after a loss like a whole shop you then go look for people to help?

Your neighbors are very fortunate to have people. Like you around

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If theres anything i can help you with please let me know, I am 5 1/2 hrs north of you in illinois if you need anything
Thanks! For now just pray for all the people that lost their homes and for none of these dams to break.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What a Shocker! I can't. Imagine. How that must have felt,
and after a loss like a whole shop you then go look for people to help?

Your neighbors are very fortunate to have people. Like you around
I wish I was really that kind. I didn't find out my shop was under water until this morning. 8 inches of rain saturday and 10 yesterday.

Amazing how fast it rises when all the streams and creeks merge.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Thanks! For now just pray for all the people that lost their homes and for none of these dams to break.
man, i was thinking of you earlier today. im glad to hear that you re basically OK! if there is anything i can do, dont hesitate to ask. im only a few hours away. im really sorry to hear about your shop but shops are like bikes and they can be repaired or replaced. im just glad you are still with us!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
940 Posts
That was a terrible storm, many here in our county had their homes blown away and you guys got record rain. My son is in Bartlett, Tn. and has told me about the flooding, it's awful. Hope everything works out for you.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
Holly CRAP! :eek: 8 feet! :eek: Let me thank you for helping others in need when you were also having problems. :beer3::yourock:

I hope that your shop gets back up soon, as it is your lively hood.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,870 Posts
Prayers sent for all those in that area, and bless those like you that help.

We have a plant in Monticello KY, which is right on Lake Cumberland. A few years ago I was there and they were lowering the water level as fast as they could because of some structural problems with the dam. It was terrible seeing all those huge houseboats stuck on rocks and along the banks. But if that thing were to break I could only imagine what would happen downstream from there.

I hope things there recover quickly and life returns to normal.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Water is a nightmare for sure .. best of luck on the shop and I am glad Your able to help other people out ! I spoke with a couple of friends in the nashville area all is good. My wifes friend Nadia is coming down her for a couple of days they have no power and 4 ft water in their new home ... I hope they have proper insurance . A lot of crazy weather around the world for sure !

·
Registered
163 Posts
Prayers sent up! When it comes time to rebuild or repair and you need something let me know. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
So sorry to hear about your shop bro. It shows your character, and integrity, by helping others. I wish you a speedy rebuild. Anything you need, from here, I'm willing to help as well.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Take care and if you need a hand I would definently try to get down there to help in any way.

·
Registered
772 Posts
You guys were pounded over the weekend, its hard to believe some of the pictures they are are showing from that area. I will be in Nashville on Wed, its a tragic situation. Prayers sent out for you and all of the people affected by this.

CP

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
My shop sits a half mile from where Old Hickory Lake's dam dumps into the Cumberland River and as I returned to my shop this morning I discovered my shop is 8 feet under water and although it is most likely a total loss I feel so bad for all the people who have lost their homes here, and so blessed that I have a place to go home to tonight.
God Dang! Sorry to hear that for sure, but I appreciate your attitude and positive view.

That's just a s.h.i.t.load of rain in such a short period of time. We had the same type of rain last spring in Atlanta and a woman I know had water up to her roof and of course lost everything. She lived their almost 30 yrs and it never flooded even up to her house before.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts