M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nail in my coffin

Well, I picked up another nail today I can't believe it, I Have 500 mile's on the new metz and I only had 1900 mile's on the dunnie. I called the dealer and asked him if he would buy the bike back because I can't afford to keep putting tire's on it. I love the bike but this is it. I have ridden at least 100.000 mile's on bike's and never had this happen before, I think the wide tire is a nail magnet. I don't know what else to think.I guess I will just have to get rid of the bike before something worse happen's.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: Nail in my coffin

Getting nails in tires sucks for sure. Keep the faith Brother!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I don't want to jinx myself but I have had two other bikes with 240's for the last 1 1/2 years. No nails here.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Keep the faith Bro! And look at it this way - the odds of getting another nail or probably 1 out of a couple of trillion - so you're actually in a better place than most of us!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

coincidence, hang in there. dont sell the bike you may regret it. just park it till ya scrape up the dough. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
898 Posts

flunky said:
 well , look at it this way , if things happen in threes , you will only have one more flat , then you will be finished ! ::)
:clap2:

hmm well i have had my share of ummm... well i usually get screwed not nailed :joke: but since i am not anal about patches i am not out the cost of a new tire every time :bigthumbsup:

khrome

·
Registered
3,121 Posts

so that 1 nail per 50,000+ miles.... that is an awsome run if you ask me. I bet many here will have had nails more frequently than ever 50K :yikes:

It just seems worse because they both happened so close together... Just think back to when you used to tell friends.... "I have not had a nail in 50K miles... 75K miles....."

So far I have not had a nail in 2500 miles :D

Sledzep

·
Registered
295 Posts

Got my nail two weeks ago. Fixed it with an internal mushroom patch. Tyre stayed inflated with the nail in so there was no damage to the internal tyre wall. Cost me A$50 - cheaper than a new tyre.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts

silverbird said:
Well, I picked up another nail today I can't believe it, I Have 500 mile's on the new metz and I only had 1900 mile's on the dunnie. I called the dealer and asked him if he would buy the bike back because I can't afford to keep putting tire's on it. I love the bike but this is it. I have ridden at least 100.000 mile's on bike's and never had this happen before, I think the wide tire is a nail magnet. I don't know what else to think.I guess I will just have to get rid of the bike before something worse happen's.
How many tires do you have on your car or truck? How wide are they? You just had some bad luck Bro. I would plug it and ride the snot out of it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts

Wow!!! Instead of getting rid of your scoot, here's an idea. Open a brand spanking new credit card account specifically for new tires and parts. This way you can do the mods you want and get new rubber without shelling out your hard earned green backs in such huge chunks. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

ive been driveing for about 18 years never a flat tire then i started riding again 6 flat tires on 3 diff bike in 2 years just bad luck not a reason to sell the bike pick up the pieces and keep truckin buy the tire warr it make life better

1 - 20 of 25 Posts