M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode about 150-175 miles Sunday morning... nothing really hard... averaged 80-100 sometimes...

Came back home and parked the bike for a few hours while I recharged...

Got ready to go out for my 'night patrol' and when I went to start the bike, I got the blinking FI light... never got that in the 2 years I've had the bike... simply wouldn't turn over... only hit the start button once...

I turned the key off, counted to 10 and tried it again, and it started right up... did my evening ride with no problem and I had at least 8 stops and starts with no problem at a gas station, at a 7-11, to hear someone compliment me at a red light, at a friends house, and at a watering hole for a burger.

So, it was just that ONE TIME that I got the FI light... it was the 1st time, and it didn't happen again...

Is this normal?

Mods that might have influenced it are Sideburner exhaust, Holley Intakes, Cobra fi2000 fuel mgmt, and GiPro TRE...

The Cobra, the sideburner exhaust, and the GiPro have been on there for over a year, the Holley's were installed at the beginning of the season, back in April. The bike has run absolutely fine all season...

Is/Was this a fluke?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
:agree: I had that happen to me. I took it into the shop to retrieve code. It was an ignition code. What the shop told me was, that the ignition switch was turned off in between the contact points. The bike would turn over but would not start. Thus giving me an error code. It has only done it that one time. They told me to just bump the ignition if I turn off & try to start up again & get the FI light a second time.
Good luck hope that ie what it is.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had the same thing, happened twice in the few months i had the bike. i turned key off, made sure bike was in run position then turned key back on and it fired right up.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
When you installed the Sideburner, did you use the cam on the SET actuator or pull the pin on the ECU? The bike has to index the SET and STCV when it starts, and if either fail to index you'll get an FI light. The SET actuators tend to wear, and if they get slow you can get a light. May not ever happen again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts