M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked my wife this morning if she would go for a ride with me and she said yes. I was a little surprised that she actually agreed. I took it super easy so I wouldn't scare her, that way I can get her to ride again. She said she liked it except that she didn't like how far I leaned over in the corners. I guess I need to start shopping for a back rest and a comfy rear seat. Either that or go ahead and buy the GoldWing.......:joke:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Good for you both! My wife was fearful at first but the backrest made her feel much safer. I am a slow and safe rider anyway which helps greatly. It has added a new dimension to our together time. Enjoy it together!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
That's great.It took awhile for me to get my wife to ride with me.I had to get the back rest and a comfortable seat ,now she feels a lot safer and i do as well knowing she wont fall off when i gun it..You should get the back rest for her safety....

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
the backrest really helps! Not only is it more comfortable for them but the driver as you dont have someonme holding on to you espeacially on long rides.
My wife didn't care for the bike at 1st but from her 1st ride\trip mto daytona she was hooked. Sometimes this can backfire thow! Sometimes those nice solo rides become 2up trips!

Juice109

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Good for you i rarely ride alone my wife loves to ride, it gives her much needed stress relief.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
735 Posts
She said she liked it except that she didn't like how far I leaned over in the corners. I guess I need to start shopping for a back rest and a comfy rear seat. Either that or go ahead and buy the GoldWing.......:joke:

How many times you guys bumped helmets today. LOL

It would make sense that she doesn't like to lean...yet. Give her time she will grow into/ get used to it.

As much as most of us hate the back rest it is a near must if you ride aggressively with a passenger. I think it increases both the passengers and the drivers confidence that the passenger ain't going nowhere when you hit the throttle. My wife finally rode a considerable distance with me yesterday. Usually we ride to dinner, but yesterday she rode with me to the GA Meet, and all around Macon as we tore some roads up. About 426 miles round trip in one day. its a lil more work riding twisties 2-up, perhaps i need to workout or brushup on my technique.

And a comfortable seat is way chaper than a Goldwing.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
232 Posts
:congrats: It took my wife several rides to get used to the curves. Her biggest problem was the oncoming traffic. She thought they were all going to hit us. I'm trying to get a custom rear seat with double memory foam for her. Ride safe. 8)

·
Registered
940 Posts
Just go ahead and do the passenger seat backrest mod Jeremy. I like the backrest and passenger seat coming off in one part and it's kind of a fun project putting it together.

I took my wife riding a few times before I had the backrest and really did not feel too safe, just afraid of her sliding off the back. I'm glad you finally got her on the bike. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you do your side to side ride and throw some sparks for her?
I only scraped through a couple corners, I could tell when she got nervous because she would squeeze a little tighter. She said she wants to ride with me again this week, she just wants the weather to be a little cooler since she is used to riding in a cage with AC and Bose blastin'.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Same with mine, does anyone know where to get a better apssenger seat though?
Hit up Baldylatino, he did my front seat with memory foam and it is very comfortable. He will be doing my rear seat after I figure out how I am gonna build my own integrated rear backrest for my wife.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Same with mine, does anyone know where to get a better apssenger seat though?
I got a gel seat from Oneida Suzuki for a pretty good price i think($179 for driver and pass.) they may be able to do just the pass.:dontknow:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hit up Baldylatino, he did my front seat with memory foam and it is very comfortable. He will be doing my rear seat after I figure out how I am gonna build my own integrated rear backrest for my wife.
I seen his work when I was cruisin the other night looks awesome!!!!!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I took my wife on a 4 mile ride for the first time about a month ago. She was nervous and didn't want me to go too fast. I agree with you that the wife would feel more comfortable with a backrest.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts