M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife can't stand my 109 she's scared to ride with me and says I have no fear.I told her tonight that I'm going to take off the passenger seat for good.Can't have any fun when she is with me, I guess being over 50 what can I expect.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I can't even get my wife to ride with me... she is too scared of the bike... so at least you got her to ride with you :)

Just take off that seat, and not worry about it anymore :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Took my Baby out for one ride so far and she was wearing some silky drawers :D that she wears to work (warned her to change her clothes)...she almost had a panic attack :eek:!! Thought she was coming right off...didn't even get into it...didn't even go over 50mph...she says she won't ride with me again until I get a sissy bar...waiting for the one from Suzuki...the small pivoting one...then maybe we can go-a-riding :doorag:!!

My daughter on the other hand (13 and a lot smaller) loves riding and has a lot of fun...good times with my little Baby...

I must add my Girlfriend took a spill while riding on an HD with her Ex...that might be a contributing factor to her FEAR?!

Just thought I'd add..... :bigthumbsup:

Bob

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Is it that she is afraid of Motorcycles in general? Educate her.
Or is it your riding?? Slow down?

Either way I would go slow with asking her to ride. Maybe one day she will come around.

Sledzep

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
My wife hasn't been on it either...I wanted the Corbin seats , to make it safer and more comfortable, but they are so high 1,300 bucks...not gonna do it !
She's scared of it too .

·
Registered
77 Posts
My wife has yet to ride, she used to ride all the time on the Katana. She says "I'm not getting my fat a** on there!" and I always reply, "But honey, it's got a really BIG back seat! Besides, I have more than enough power to pull you around." :eek: :D ;)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
L-Train said:
My wife drives it from time to time and rides with me no problem.
Man, you let your wife drive your 109? It MUST be love! :D :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Medic1210 said:
Man, you let your wife drive your 109? It MUST be love! :D :bigthumbsup:
She learned on my 220 rwhp turbo xx. She knows what she's doing. We used to go on trips all over the country on our bikes.

The weight made her nervous till she drove it and she says it's as easy as her old magna or her old zx-6. Her only problem is u-turns and parking lot because the bars are far away and she is short.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well My GF is a Doctor and she already told me that it's Crazy that I ride a bike and warned me all about the spinal cord injuries that could happen!

Well I am not giving up the bike and she has to learn to live with it! But she says she would never ride with me!...

I don't think I ever asked her! :D :p :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
600 Posts
There's a lot to be said for riding together. My girlfriend loves going for overnighters in the mountains on the M - and she looks damned good on that pillion seat, IMO :D I can't wait to get a back rest on there for our trips. She'll be a lot more comfortable and have even more energy left when we get to where we're going :evil:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Mine hasn't been on the bike either. When all her friends ask if she has she tells them (he is going to buy me my own bike). Guess thats what I get for being a selective listener. :confused:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
My wife told me that when she is ready, I'll need another 109.... :bigthumbsup:

She really enjoys riding with me.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
There's a lot to be said for riding together. My girlfriend loves going for overnighters in the mountains on the M - and she looks damned good on that pillion seat, IMO :D I can't wait to get a back rest on there for our trips. She'll be a lot more comfortable and have even more energy left when we get to where we're going :evil:
OK OK Trouble... Get a room :D and stop bragging :joke: Girlfriend, Mountain roads, Overnight stays, cool Dry air, Federal Parks.... It wont be that nice here in GA till October!!

Sledzep

·
Registered
898 Posts
My wife enjoys to ride ... although she is not much on the sport bikes ... but when I have had sit up styles she has always enjoyed it ... but I really need a back rest to put on there for when she rides ...

khrome

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My bride will ride on the Goldwing only. She loves that bike. I think they designed that back seat just for the ladies. They say that more wings are sold from the backseat than any other part of the bike. That is ok, that means I can dress the 109 up solo the way i wanted to anyway. Today she followed me from our campsite to an outing and I was on my best behaviour,..... well for a little while anyway. Finally had to spin that big back wheel. That was so much fun, I had to do it twice. Boy, I heard about it though. Oh well, she wouldn't do it if she didn't love me. That's what she told me anyway :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys,

I think the biggest part of riding 2up is there has to be a trust factor between your lady and you. My wife has an older brother that has had a bike since he was legal to drive and he made it fun for him to try and scare the crap out of her and her sister when they rode with him. I think he did a pretty good job. I dont think she even rode with her ex- on his HD very much. A couple of years ago, I was bikeless, and babysitting my bro's Warrior and I got her to go out for a short 35mph ride that might have lasted all of 30 minutes. She made me go rip around the block on it to get the hang of things then she hopped right on. She corners well with the bike, like she knows her part in riding 2up and we had a good time. When I got the 109, I told her I wanted a few miles under my belt before she went with me. She has only been on it once (another short ride, maybe an hour) but she really liked it, other than she said the seat wasn't the most comfortable. I think a backrest would help that. Anyway, she knows I'm not out to scare her and being safe is even more important with 2. Kind of like dancing and she has to follow my lead and she does well with it. I cranked it up to 70 on the last stretch before getting to the house and all i felt was the side of her head on my back. :D She is not interested in road trips, just around town is great for her and it works for me. Ultimately, I think it all boils down to her trust in your skills as a rider and her confidence in her being the passenger. As for a bike of her own, she says she doesn't want that responsibility with traffic and cagers. She climbed on the 109 and could barely reach the pegs. So we have 2 49cc minichoppers and a couple of go-carts we buzz around the neighborhood, that's her riding time.

Be safe and keep it on 2

brent.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts