M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last its the weekend, so do I get to ride the 109 on this beautiful day in NZ?
Consult the list written by she who must be obeyed. !.Take rubbish to the tip ( Trash to the Dump)
Ok I,m for the quiet life I,ll take the Hiace truck, or maybe load up the traler and take the V8

][/img]

Got it sorted, best of both worlds and still got to the beach by midday on the 109 shame it was only 300 yards away

No 2 on the list enjoy the rest of the day. So guess what I got that ride after all, fabulous.
Cheers from down under from Phil in sunny Whangamata NZ

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi, Gotta tell ya, some people know how to live. Nice place in a nice location having choices. Thats great. I too have choices, cover the pool, cut the grass, clean the house, ride the bike or drive the truck to the Chopper Expo in NJ. I need a new life. I like the beach idea. JOHN

Its not a bad life, my wants have just changed thats all.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep wohoso the blue looks good anywhere. Glad I got the ride in yesterday cause it rained today so did some work around the house.
Monday I pick up the new Toy, The red V8 is going and I pick up a brand new 6 litre HoldenVE SSV. This is the best car to come out of Australia and will be sold in the States as a Pontiac. They have just spent One Billion dollars to develop the car so Im get ting excited about it, but even with 360 Hp it still won,t make me smile like my burple 109 does when it sings that awsome song at 6000 revs and climbing through the gears, rapidly between corners. Still need a car for work. maybe I will add a picture tomorrow.
Cheers Phil

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Coriman,

Is that a heavy duty trailer you are towing behind your bike?

Lamont check this tow package out! :joke: :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep the trailer is rated 1 ton, I try not to put more than that in it or I have to use the V8 rather than the V2
Cheers thanks for noticing my dilemma
Cheers Phil

·
Registered
76 Posts
1) you lucky bastard, please if you have ever bored post more picture of some that beach and surroundings. 2) How tall are you and how well does the shield work at high speeds in relation to your height.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok well EL here is a picture of me with out the helmet and my new ride to work

She is only 1 day old so had to tke the photo today before she gets stone chipped. She drives better than an M5 bmw at less than half the price. GM 6 litre with sixspeed box pulls 100MPh at 2000Revs in top gear good commuter vehicle for me from the beach to the city is 120 miles each way. Its pretty tough down under.
Cheers Phil

·
Registered
814 Posts
Your new car is sweet. Can't wait to see Pontiac's version of it here in the states. Your other car in the first pictures, isn't that the car that GM based the "NEW" Pontiac GTO on?

coriman said:
Yep wohoso the blue looks good anywhere. Glad I got the ride in yesterday cause it rained today so did some work around the house.
Monday I pick up the new Toy, The red V8 is going and I pick up a brand new 6 litre HoldenVE SSV. This is the best car to come out of Australia and will be sold in the States as a Pontiac. They have just spent One Billion dollars to develop the car so Im get ting excited about it, but even with 360 Hp it still won,t make me smile like my burple 109 does when it sings that awsome song at 6000 revs and climbing through the gears, rapidly between corners. Still need a car for work. maybe I will add a picture tomorrow.
Cheers Phil

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep re the car, the two door version of the SS was called Monaro in Aust /NZ and that was based on an Opel platform.
The new car is all Aussie with US Engine & trannie. It was bench marked against BMW and Lexus. It is light years ahead of the old 2003 model that I have just sold. The suspension setup is awsome with electronic stabilisation control, which allows you to give a full half turn on the wheel at 250KPH in both directions (as in the international moose manuver) and the car just follows like it is on rails. I must admit the felling I am getting when driving is now very similar to the joy experienced riding the 109, but it may just wear off , but I know that after 40 years on bikes that I will never get tired of my 109.
Sorry if I have rabbited on a bit but men and their toys, isn,t that what we go to work for?
Cheers from down under
Phil

1 - 12 of 12 Posts