M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got the bike out today for the first time in a week and it was NICE.
Felt a sharp pain in my left ankle while riding. Rode a couple miles and couldn't take it anymore.
Pulled over to check it and found a bumble bee wedged behind the tongue of my shoe.
I'm almost 40 years old and I have NEVER been stung by a bee . . . until TODAY.

IN OTHER NEWS... While sitting at a red light, I overheard 2 female voices in happy conversation next to me.
I heard the words "nice", "beautiful", and "shiny".
:D
I sat proudly on MINE-9, feeling glad that I took the time to wipe it down before I left the house.
When I finally glanced over, the lady behind the wheel very happily said, "We like your helmet".
:-[
I was wearing my chrome German helmet. I wiped it down before the ride too.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
You offer to let them take pics on your 9?;):D:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
That's nothing

Wait till you get a BIRDSTRIKE. I've had 3 since I got my 9. Now that HURTS!!! I've also had a few bees fly into the side of my helmet in between the padding and my face. How fast can you stop a 9? REAL FAST, believe me.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Wait till you get a BIRDSTRIKE. I've a 3 since I got my 9. Now that HURTS!!! I've also had a few bees fly into the side of my helmet in between the padding and my face. How fast can you stop a 9? REAL FAST, believe me.
Thats why I use full face shield, even on my 3/4 helmet. Them dang bugs HURT lol

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
I have gotten bee stings twice while riding, it sucks. Do you always polish your helmet before a ride? I would think that would come after....:D

·
Registered
3,120 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All of a sudden my bee sting is very insignificant, compared to a triple bird smash.

It was a homely mother/daughter combo who could very easily be mistaken for the girls in Nemo's pic.
DISCLAIMER: I'm not a handsome fella, but men don't have to be. And these females were not interested in the 9 or pics with the 9. They were only interested in the helmet. BAH-HUM-BUG!

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
True story: 3 years ago I was riding up north with my buddies and I felt a very sharp pain in my crotch

I look down and there was a small bumblebee or a huge bee that got caught in the wrinkles of my pants and started stinging me. Missed my marbles but got me in the inner thigh a couple of times :verymad:

·
Registered
450 Posts
I got a Meadowlark at 110 mph once, right over the heart. I saw it flair up out of the ditch, and I tightened up, cause I saw it was gonna hit. Me and the bike weigh 650 lbs, and the bird weighs 4 oz.
Just a puff of guts, blood, and feathers. I almost didn't feel it at all.

I also got a bee to my Adams Apple at 45 mph, and literally thought he went thru. I hacked and spit, and expected to see bee pieces come out. He was dead, and I was spitting. No sting, thank God.

·
Registered
709 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have gotten bee stings twice while riding, it sucks. Do you always polish your helmet before a ride? I would think that would come after....:D
ROFLMAO...that's funny chit!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I so didnt catch that the first time I read it :a20:. As for the bee stings, I've had one to the throat as well. Felt it hit, which hurt, then it started to sting really bad. As tbar said, you can stop a bike pretty quick when stung. Pulled over ripped my full face off, looked in the mirror and the damn stinger was still stuck in my throat. The bee must have been going the same direction I was.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
True story: 3 years ago I was riding up north with my buddies and I felt a very sharp pain in my crotch

I look down and there was a small bumblebee or a huge bee that got caught in the wrinkles of my pants and started stinging me. Missed my marbles but got me in the inner thigh a couple of times :verymad:
Yes that hurts, Last summer I was riding on the highway. I wear shorts and had my legs up on my highway bar pegs. Felt something hit my inner thigh & all of a sudden had a sharp pain. Had a wasp sting the [email protected]!t out of me. It is no fun to try to get something out of your pants while traveling 75 MPH on the highway:eek:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
The worst I've had in 25 years of riding is a bird smashing my knuckles, I'm doing about 70. Took several days for the feeling to come back into my fingertips.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts