M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needs a little more tweeking. But after taking a spin last night, 35 degrees out burr-baby-burr, I love it.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Looks familiar, bro! :D

You're right....it is a bit of work to get the tach sunk down that deep but it is such a clean look! :doorag:

You can get some door trim (in black) at Autozone, etc. and put it around the cut you made...it will be like the icing on a cake!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sorta like my nuts on a cold winter's day, sucked right in there next to the warmth.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks familiar, bro! :D

You're right....it is a bit of work to get the tach sunk down that deep but it is such a clean look! :doorag:

You can get some door trim (in black) at Autozone, etc. and put it around the cut you made...it will be like the icing on a cake!
I'll say it again-thanks for the help.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
Looks great, and reminds me that it's another thing on my rainy day list to do. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
392 Posts
It's a great look. Dropped mine this summer, just took it apart and stuck down in the bucket....cost= $0. Look= priceless.:doorag:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you takes any pics before re-assembly ?
That I did not-will next time its opened. I did something a bit different cutting the pastic. I used a wood pen burner with a "knife" point. This gave me a lot of control with less mess (fumes weren't bad). Once I was close to being through, it snapped off. I also used some rubber flashing to cover behind the assembly to black out any light, but really probably didn't need it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts