M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally wear a 2X jacket and that is what I remember ordering. I received a 1X today and based on the sizing chart that I never saw until a month or so ago I should have ordered a 4X. Just for kicks I tried it on thinking that maybe I lost weight and didn't realize it. We almost had to call the rescue squad to get me out of it. So I guess I send it with the return tag and hope for the best.

P.S. For whatever its worth I do appreciate the effort by Suzuki to do this. They didn't have to and I am happy no matter how it turns out cause I live in Florida and the chances of me ever needing to wear the jacket are slim.

Thanks Suzuki.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
LOL!! Sorry to hear that Hal...they did the same thing to me. I ordered a 4xl...got a 3xl!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For my own education do you mind me asking how the 3X fit and how big are you? Don't want to have to do this more than one more time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DaltonH said:
Hal, I'm 5'9" and 230ish.. I wear an XL Joe Rocket Phoenix and the 2XL 109R jacket was a perfect match.
I am kinda thinking that a 3XL in Suzuki sizes will work. Maybe it will motivate me to lose a few pounds.

But the XL that they sent would require me to go back to junior high school to fit in it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
When I spoke with Suzuki about the jacket, they were very friendly and open to returns (they know the jackets are sized small). I would anticipate little problems.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
I am kinda thinking that a 3XL in Suzuki sizes will work. Maybe it will motivate me to lose a few pounds.

But the XL that they sent would require me to go back to junior high school to fit in it.
LOL, bro I couldn't have worn one of thier XL's when I was in GRADE school 8)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
5'7" almost. 275lbs (man I hate to admit that). I got my 4X jacket (just what I ordered) and it fits I think as well as possible. Sleeves are a tad long, but I'm short, round and stumpy, so what's a mother to do?

I'm pretty darned happy with this jacket thing. They didn't have to offer it, and it's a nice piece of leather. Weighs a ton!

·
Registered
113 Posts
And you know Hal, if you don't want to send it back and wait for awhile, a shivering scrawny kid in Texas would fit the XL perfect..... ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hal, if I were you I'd order a 4x, and if it's too long in the arms you can take it to a leather shop or shoe repair place and have them put an extra button in the sleeves for you....it's alot easier to modify something that's too big then it is to do the opposite, lol.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hal
i am 6'2" @251 lbs and i wear a 2XL Joe rocket and 3XL in the Suzuki jacket
these jackets are only 1 size off
order 1 size larger then u need
with the 3XL in Suzuki i still use the waist snaps to smaller waist
and i have a big gut too
those that cant get their wives in a 4 or 5 XL they must have huge boobs

Bruce

·
Registered
74 Posts
When I bought my bike I tried on a leather jacket at the dealer so I would know what size to order. 2XL fit me good so I ordered a 2XL. When I got my jacket I could just barely get the zipper up only if I took a deep breath. :redfaced: I ordered a 3XL and that one fits just fine. Seem like you have to order 1 size bigger than what you fit into.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts