M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I installed the stebel nautilus air horn. Today it may have saved my life.

Driving down hill towards a stop light, I was in the left lane. A driver in a parking lot on the right side before the light is waved on by a slowing truck in the right lane. I was a little relaxed as I was slowing down from 50 mph. I was only using rear brake at the time my hand was not covering the front brake lever. The driver then pulls straight out attempting to cross both lanes of traffic to make a left turn.

Then "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP" goes my stebel. Her brakes locked up as though a train was heading straight for her. At that moment I realized that I might not have been so lucky if I had not invested in that horn. I feel I owe my life and well being to this investment. I strongly recommend to all the 9 riders, for your safety please think about buying this product. It might just be your butt one day. Ride hard,safe!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Done and done. Installed mine about 2 months ago, love the dang thing... I honk it at everyone and everything, my friends girlfriend jumps a mile high when I just give it a quick beep lol :D

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
:agree: Only I installed, (2) YEA TWO! :eek: just incase:bigthumbsup: Figured if 1 was good, 2 would be GREAT! OH and THANKS RYAN!

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
That is why I have it listed in the Bang for the Bucks Mod link. You should get an HID also. They may not of even pulled out on you if you had one. There is a link in my signature to that thread.

And that HORN ROCKS. :bigthumbsup:

:agree: Only I installed, (2) YEA TWO! :eek: just incase:bigthumbsup: Figured if 1 was good, 2 would be GREAT! OH and THANKS RYAN!
Glad to hear that you are enjoying the dueling horns. I'm still thinking of putting two on mine, but I 'm hoping to do some more prototyping on another mod in that headlight bucket first.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I ordered a stebel last week and now waiting for it to be delivered. Hopefully I can get it installed this weekend. I have been noticing a lot of cagers distracted with their phones, makeup, load music, and unbuckeled badazz kids.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Two weeks ago I installed the stebel nautilus air horn. Today it may have saved my life.

Driving down hill towards a stop light, I was in the left lane. A driver in a parking lot on the right side before the light is waved on by a slowing truck in the right lane. I was a little relaxed as I was slowing down from 50 mph. I was only using rear brake at the time my hand was not covering the front brake lever. The driver then pulls straight out attempting to cross both lanes of traffic to make a left turn.

Then "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP" goes my stebel. Her brakes locked up as though a train was heading straight for her. At that moment I realized that I might not have been so lucky if I had not invested in that horn. I feel I owe my life and well being to this investment. I strongly recommend to all the 9 riders, for your safety please think about buying this product. It might just be your butt one day. Ride hard,safe!:bigthumbsup:
absoluty I have them on all my bikes, the best mod period.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
one of my first mod's and I love it!! girlfriend hates it, but I know it will save my life some day...! Glad it saved yours! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,086 Posts
I put mine on right after I got the bike and use it often. The only time I wished it wasn't on there was when my wife used to ride with me and she would about jump off the bike when I used it. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have got one but yet to fit it. Where have you all fitted yours?? i was thinking inside the headlight cover? Also is the stebel horn harness a must when fitting this up?
Thanks.

Dan.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Next I'd like to get the "RPG-7 Mod" for those rare instances when the Stebel horn just isn't quite enough! Does Kuryakyn have a mount for these yet?:evil:

·
Registered
300 Posts
horn

(only using rear brake and not covering front brake)first off some of these experienced riders should have pointed out that just using rear brake and not front brake is accident waiting to happen.if you are counting on horns,lights or anything else to save your a$$ you are in trouble jmo:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
(only using rear brake and not covering front brake)first off some of these experienced riders should have pointed out that just using rear brake and not front brake is accident waiting to happen.if you are counting on horns,lights or anything else to save your a$$ you are in trouble jmo:dontknow:
:agree:....WTF is rear brake :D

For emergencies only....I only go for it when I REALLY need to :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
I have got one but yet to fit it. Where have you all fitted yours?? i was thinking inside the headlight cover? Also is the stebel horn harness a must when fitting this up?
Thanks.

Dan.
Dan, they are placed in the headlight bucket(for those with just R's) or under the right side cover. The harness is not a must if you know what you are doing. But the harness does keep the stock horn in the loop.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I bought a Stebel sometime last year, along with Ryan's harness kit, but I have YET to have it installed. I've got a few parts sitting on shelves in my garage that I've got to get installed; guess now that I'm laid up for the rest of the season I might as well get to doing some work on the ride

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Put it in Diggy it's a piece of cake!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
easy now lol. I was just using the rear brake in addition to the engine deceleration. I wasnt counting on my horns lights or anything. the road was completely clear all around, except for the stupid cager in the parking lot.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Installed mine in my R2 a couple of years ago, right side cover. Used it earlier this evening around dusk, to scar a couple of deer that crossed the road in front of me. It certainly caused them to hurry across the road.

I was sort of forced to do the install myself after a dealer down in Ft. Meyers told me it would cost about $150. for them to do it. Turned out to be a very easy install, following in info from this site. I do kind of like the idea of two horns but where the heck could you place another one on an R2?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts