M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
My 18 yr old went down he panic tried to stop to quick and went down he is ok but he had shorts on so he has a lot of roaderash now he know how i felt when i had my wreck thats my boy now dad has to fix his katana I am glad it was just roaderash
Glad he is ok. The bike damage is secondary at this point.

On a side note, how about some punctuation? Kinda hard to decipher your run on sentence.

G

·
Glad he's OK...it's good that he got it out of his system without serious injury. You know the old saying...there's 2 kinds of riders. Guys who've been down, and guys who are gonna go down. Got his slide out of the way...whatever he did, he won't do it again. Glas all is well...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Roadrash is a VERY painful lesson he won't soon forget!
Glad to hear his injuries weren't more serious.

·
Registered
285 Posts
These tragic posts help keep me aware when I ride, I am so sorry for your son. By posting this you are helping me to remember that I am always just a few inches from terrible disaster, and to never let my guard down when riding.

·
Registered
482 Posts
IT's crazy, I always think "I'm a great rider, I don't need my gear," but its not me I should be worried about its the (old/young) (guy/girl) (idiot/drunk/texter/douchebag) who (doesn't shoulder check/changes lanes without signaling/ wanders into oncoming lanes). Gearing up can be a pain in the ass, or too hot, or whatever... but it beats hitting the asphalt. Ride safe.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Tough break. But good to hear that he did not suffer anything more than road rash. I'm sure his pride is a bit bruised also. Both of those injuries will heal in time.
:agree:

·
Registered
461 Posts
IT's crazy, I always think "I'm a great rider, I don't need my gear," but its not me I should be worried about its the (old/young) (guy/girl) (idiot/drunk/texter/douchebag) who (doesn't shoulder check/changes lanes without signaling/ wanders into oncoming lanes). Gearing up can be a pain in the ass, or too hot, or whatever... but it beats hitting the asphalt. Ride safe.
:agree:
I couldn't imagine my son falling on the road from a bike accident. He's fallen on his bicycle and it made me shudder, but we all learn from our small mistakes and pay dearly for our larger ones. I'm very glad your son is ok, nothing more than road rash. He now has had the complete experience of riding and can tell others about it. Riding together is much more fun than falling and fixing.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
super glad he's ok, get well soon, and as my dad always said, "you fall off the horse, get back on" P.S., your myspace site is very impressive, good job

·
Registered
877 Posts
:agree:...sweat drys faster blood(i think thats the sayin)...ride safe peeps
glad hes doin good

·
Registered
141 Posts
As a father let me say, I thank God he is ok... I love my son and I know it hurts when they get hurt... Hug him and tell him you are thankfull he is still here...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Wow, busy weekend for the 9er's this weekend. Glad your son is doing ok, I bet he wears gear from here on out.
:agree: Experence is a wonder thing! He was lucky, and were all glad it ended like it did. But he now is a little sharper, and i'd bet has a little more respect for the bike now than what he had. I have a 14 and 19 year old boys. And there are times, when we can preach all we want, but once they find out for them selves there now educated FIRST HAND! And as dads we can say, I told you so! And maybe they will listen a little better!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.