M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son & I decided to go to STL International Raceway http://www.gatewayraceway.com/ and run the 109 down the track for its maiden voyage! :D :clap2: :2cool: :bigthumbsup:

Before I go into any details, I must say that I had a really great time spending the day with my oldest son Craig and doing what we both like doing RACING! :D :2cool: :bigthumbsup:

I must also say that I'm very proud of my sons accomplishments as well as his racing prowless! :redfaced: :p :bigthumbsup:

That said, here is the first pictures of our day at the race track signing into tech. Notice the gateway arch in the background of the second pic.:

Picture of my 109 with the number assigned:

A picture of my son & I:Â :bigthumbsup: :super:

This is a picture of my son on my 109 running a race with a Busa:Â :super:

A very nice day with my son & 109! :p :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
Re: My Son & I Went Racing Todat at STL International Raceway!

If you take the rear seat off and put the rear cowl on, I think that you might pick up a little bit of a faster time.  :joke: :hot:
Glad to hear that you had a great day with your son.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

rynosback said:
If you take the rear seat off and put the rear cowl on, I think that you might pick up a little bit of a faster time.  :joke: :hot:
Glad to hear that you had a great day with your son.
How do you know that we did not turn a fast time or NOT???? :joke: :D :doorag:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

ITguy said:
My father an I have been to a couple of 1/8th mile tracks that are a little closer to home than St. Louis. Funny how once you reach a certain age (32 here) it isn't so uncool to be around 'ol dad. We had a good time at the track as well.

You still planning on going Sept 1st?
It is not often that we do this but it is cool when we both can make it. Its also rare for me to say my real feelings about my son. I hope he knows how proud I feel & how much I care for him. :redfaced: :p :bigthumbsup: :super: :doorag:

Oh, I believe we will try to make it you are comming. Just let us know. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Well We made 3 runs and decided to leave after that. We actually had 2 time trials and the first run of elemination was a bye run.

Here is a picture just after the 2nd run back in the pits. My son just painted on our dial in for the 1st round of eleminations:

OH OH!, he walked right in front of my camera! :joke: :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
49 Posts

:nopic: OF YOUR TIMES :D

JK Sounds like a great way to spend the way with your son. Although I am curious about your times :joke:

·
Registered
5 Posts

Holy-moly!! :eek: :eek:

Been lurking for a while so - "HI" everyone! :D

Don't want to be a jerk, but COME-ON!!! Ya go racing, ya take some cool pix, but ya won't tell us how the bike ran!!!??? ::)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

In answer to your questions, the bike ran well. The following is our very first run ever at a drag strip (That is with the 109)! My bike/car number was 293. By the way, the other time is for a Busa. Every trial run (2 of them) was made against a Busa. :( :mad:

Happy with the first time slip. The bike has a lot more in it! :D :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

Nice times on a stock bike :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

The last run was the first round of eleminations and it was getting late & we decided not to stay for the 2nd round. After all, we arrived at the track at 12:00 noon.

Our last run was the quickest! :clap2: :beer3: :beer2: :hot: :yikes: :2cool: :#1: :bigthumbsup:

My son thinks there is a 11.6 or 11.5 yet in it. Someday soon, we will see! :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
108 Posts

Chuck said:
The last run was the first round of eleminations and it was getting late & we decided not to stay for the 2nd round. After all, we arrived at the track at 12:00 noon.

Our last run was the quickest! :clap2: :beer3: :beer2: :hot: :yikes: :2cool: :#1: :bigthumbsup:

My son thinks there is a 11.6 or 11.5 yet in it. Someday soon, we will see! :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Very nice indeed,what does your boy weigh,looks like 180+lbs which is much better than anyone who weighs 100 lbs more,i think there is a fella that ran 11.8 and he weighs around 280lbs that is just incredable to see a guy that heavy and still run 11.8 he is very sharp at the track and has his scoot set up nice,so all iam saying is if you guys get your stuff as good as he has got his,it is very possible you could break 11.4 or maybe better,good luck and thanks for the great news,and my hats off to all you pit pros burning up the TAR!!!!!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

mnmsnowbeast said:
Very nice indeed,what does your boy weigh,looks like 180+lbs which is much better than anyone who weighs 100 lbs more,i think there is a fella that ran 11.8 and he weighs around 280lbs that is just incredable to see a guy that heavy and still run 11.8 he is very sharp at the track and has his scoot set up nice,so all iam saying is if you guys get your stuff as good as he has got his,it is very possible you could break 11.4 or maybe better,good luck and thanks for the great news,and my hats off to all you pit pros burning up the TAR!!!!!
Let me remind you, there is no air mods on this bike. It has the 3 baffles drilled out in each pipe, a FI2000R with JR's settings & the JSD-3M mod. This is after 3 runs only!!! :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JR,

Thanks for those kind words. Comming from you, make it that more special & authentic! :p

I hope all goes well with your tests as of late. Good luck bro!

I too have to go tomorrow for a CAT of my lungs & breathing test. Been getting one every 3 months.

Sure had a good time at the track & posting those pics & times!! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics and time slips. Respecable time in the 1/4 for the 109. Sounds like ya'll had a great day.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We did Rice Burner & thanks for the kind words.

On the way home, as we were getting on the highway (270), a crotch rocket of some kind ignored me and picked on my son. They slowed down & geared down and they hit it on a roll.  :2cool:

I stayed behind some distance, I did not even try to keep up! The one guy pulled a wheel stand (1.5 ft high for 5 ft) shortly after he hit it. My son was gone with no wheel stand. They got up to 100-110MPH and shut down.  :#1:

My son beat what ever it was & I did not think any more about it. We gassed up shortly thereafter and my son asked me if I knew what that was. I said no. He informed me that it was a ZX14! :eek: :yikes:

He also added that if the guy had not wheelied, he most likely would have got beaten. We also do not know the skill level of the other rider but I guess a win is a win! :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.