M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made the trip to KC on Friday and met up with Pynikal who has a good setup to replace the stock airbox. I helped with the install a little bit but didn't want to step on his toes, and it took just a little over an hour to install everything. If you don't want to modify anything it is possible to keep from trimming any lines or hoses if you would like to have the option of going back to stock at any time. I don't plan on going back to stock, so I had some hoses trimmed and a sensor lengthened. Everything looks great and and one of the biggest advantages is that you NEVER have to deal with the airbox when you do maintenance on your 9. The Sleeper Mod definently sucks in some serious air, I can hear it even under WOT with my sideburner screaming. I will post power numbers as soon as I can get a dyno tune, but the power feels especially good in the 5-7000 rpm range. If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them otherwise contact Pynikal, he is a great guy that will go above and beyond to ensure that you are happy with your Sleeper Mod.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sorry mate I must have missed it when people were talking about it.
What is Sleeper Mod??

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pics.......you aren't supposed to be able to see it, that is why it is called the sleeper mod. Use your imagination or PM pynikal.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
thanks JD!! and i can post somr pics when i get mine downloaded.

we did have a little more R&D time with JDs bike so he has a slightly modified plate and STLTGR has the V2 plate.

this thing is always being improved! had a little issue with JDs bike in the beginning, but we burned the midnight and early morning oil and got it taken care of.:bigthumbsup: and V2 (the JDU) was born.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
thanks JD!! and i can post somr pics when i get mine downloaded.

we did have a little more R&D time with JDs bike so he has a slightly modified plate and STLTGR has the V2 plate.

this thing is always being improved! had a little issue with JDs bike in the beginning, but we burned the midnight and early morning oil and got it taken care of.:bigthumbsup: and V2 (the JDU) was born.
Just to clarify; my Barometric pressure sensor was sitting on the front filter and possibly helped it cave in so when I got on the throttle really hard the first time my 9 tried to suck the filter into the intake. When we took off the tank it looked like this.

P.S. This is what I was talking about when I said the Pynikal would go above and beyond to make sure you are happy with the Sleeper Mod. He said he wouldn't be able to sleep if we didn't tear it down and get the problem figured out. Thanks Brad!

This is a pic of how the throttle plate cut into the filter since it was trying so hard to suck it in.

G

·
Judging from that filter, it looks like Disney engineering to me. :joke::joke: ;) :D

Suck it up.....it's a joke.

Oh, I'm sorry..... it looks like you already tried.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have Pynikal's "sleeper" intake mod as well, in a word...SWEET!!! :#1:

Noticable gains...although have not had a chance to run the dyno tune yet...waiting to add in a pipe (trying to decide which one). The install was pretty straight forward...Pynikal provides install instructions with pics...very handy and made the install relatively simple, I am not that mechanically inclined...so had a friend assist in the install, only took about an hour. Also, the sleeper made my stock pipes sound louder and better...BONUS! Have since put on several hundred miles with no issues.

Note: More air, so needs more fuel...Fi2000R works nicely, but will probably invest in a PCIII after I get rid of the stock pipe.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Absolutely!!!:a18:

Now if I can only figure out how to do wheelies on this beast :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wheelies are bad for front end? Didn't realize that...thanks for the warning.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I also have the sleeper mod. and I am getting it Dyno Tuned this week. Like any air mod, you do to the "9" you have to have a correct MAP. I rode all the way home from Kansas City to St. Louis with no problems.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I also have the sleeper mod. and I am getting it Dyno Tuned this week. Like any air mod, you do to the "9" you have to have a correct MAP. I rode all the way home from Kansas City to St. Louis with no problems.
TOTAL BS,,, you only need a fuel controller and/or a "map" if you do BOTH the air intakes AND the exhaust. If you only do one there is NO need,,, a waste of money as the ECM can easily adjust for one of either of those modifications.

Do both THEN you need a fuel controller or a PC3/5 with a "map",,,

1 - 20 of 47 Posts