M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to involve the group, I am going with the Gangster Fender look with my 9 and wanted to show the progress as i go along, it will be a long process but I hope not to long :) also Thanks to RontheBull for his help in the past and the future ha ha...

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I agree with Bobbymac fun to watch the progess. I love the one that is in J and P cycles catalog with that fender. gonna be a bitch to change the tire though.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Excellent brotha!! Glad to see the ball rolling...I agree with the rest that a build thread is going to be great....bike looks awesome, keep us posted and can't wait to see progress and end result

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, hope to get her done in the near future..... I will post has I go, its fun but its also not so fun having your bike down but good things come to those who make it happen ;)

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
so you're going to have to disassemble the whole back of the bike to change tires?
That or lift it 2 feet and drop it through the bottom?

·
Registered
461 Posts
so you're going to have to disassemble the whole back of the bike to change tires?
That or lift it 2 feet and drop it through the bottom?
No worries bro...I have had the rear tire removed several times and its not that big of a deal...you either have to lift it up and remove the rim or if you have a local guy with a lift that has the ability to remove the rear ramp you can just drop the wheel right out...have done it both ways...no need to get discouraged :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No worries bro...I have had the rear tire removed several times and its not that big of a deal...you either have to lift it up and remove the rim or if you have a local guy with a lift that has the ability to remove the rear ramp you can just drop the wheel right out...have done it both ways...no need to get discouraged :bigthumbsup:
Yes I have worked on some Honda Rune and the VTX 1300S so dropping the rear tire wont be that bad, just jack it up and drop it, hopefully I wont have to be pulling the tire off to ofter :eek:

I am just looking forward to getting her done......... I will keep the pic coming thanks again guys.....

·
Registered
538 Posts
Awesome Bro!! Keep us posted on your progress. Thinking about changing my rear fender out myself this winter, Just gotta figure out the seat, everything else is pretty straight forward.
:bigthumbsup:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
sounds like you have a plan. I just know it's a paint to get the rim and a 260 in there without any fender in the way.....more power to you. looks good:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
395 Posts
I honestly have to say that is completely not what I thought it would look like.. I have seen the pic of it but not on the bike... It looks amazing, good work man:congrats:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know what you mean I have been looking at this fender for over yr or more, when I saw Ronniethebull pull the trigger and i said well you only live once so what the hell :confused: i love the hard muscle look of the 109 and putting this Gangster fender on with the front gangster i think it will look SICKKKKKKK, i am going to keep it clean, keep my side plate and just add some LED Strips for Blinkers/Brake Lights. I also want to say thanks for the good words it helps when your tearing your bike apart :'(

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
if you're doing it you might as well go all the way and mold in some signals and a brake light to it, kind of like the Rune's fender

·
Registered
738 Posts
Is the rear fender dented on both sides?
I'm seeing something waving back at me from those photos...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts