M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
995 of the time...i wear a helmet. 99% of the time,i wear a sweatshirt in this weather. I couldnt find my sweatshirt,so i put my leather coat on. I was only going down the street,so i skipped the helmet. I had a car pull into my lane....we even looked into each others eyes as he was doing it. No cell phone,no texting,just no brains i guess. Progressive took 8 days to come look at it and will let me know sometime next week,it's outcome. If I had the peg and control on the right side...I'd still ride her.

it could have been much worse....i was very lucky!!! Gear up guys! (i need a new control if anyone has one!!!)

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Ouch!!!

Glad you made it through to talk about it. What was the guys excuse?

Sad to see your bike like that. She was really sweet. But I'm sure you will make her even better.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope......i was wearing jeans.....and they were shredded from sliding down the road!!! It hurts,but not near as bad as Suzi feels. She was supposed to be in a photoshoot for a calendar on July 9th......they say theyre going to try to just shoot left side!! His excuse was that he wasn't paying attention.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sorry to see it like that, I like the band-aid, or uhmm, -the adhesive bandage that has been put on the tank. Good luck in fixing it.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Bad break man. I hope the guy had good insurance. That road rash looks painful as hell. Get well soon and be sure to post some pics of the shoot.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Glad you are OK bro and your right it could have been a lot worse.

I had something similar just about happen to me the same way this past Saturday. I was literally 1 mile from my exit and a SUV was merging on the highway so I got into the far lane well in advance so he would have time to enter. As he was getting on the exit I noticed the big sticker/banner he had in the back of his window that had a silhouette of a motorcycle with some type of saying on it. So I thought to myself, Hey look a fellow rider. Well as I get right beside him he proceeds to come over on me and was half way into my lane with my Air Horn blaring before he decides to realize what he was doing. I was ticked and the only thing he could do was Wave at me!

Once again Glad you are OK and everyone stay safe out there!

·
Registered
130 Posts
That sucks, glad you're okay. Let us know how well Progressive pays out too...

And PLEASE don't take any more pics with your pants around your ankles....

:joke:

·
Registered
97 Posts
That sucks, glad you're okay. Let us know how well Progressive pays out too...

And PLEASE don't take any more pics with your pants around your ankles....

:joke:
I was just waiting for someone to say that. :D Hope everything goes well with fixing the bike and body. Make sure you go to the hospital and get that rash cleaned out if you already haven't. It will heal much faster when it's cleaned out right.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you heal quickly and hopefully the insurance doesn't drag their feet. You have a beautiful bike and I'm sure you'll be up and riding soon.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
Dang Ted, I hate to hear and see that. I was just telling someone in a post on here this evening how you were the one that really sold me on this bike, and now I see this.

Heal quickly bro, and I hope the bike gets back to it's original beauty soon. I really feel sorry for you.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
as soon as i stopped sliding.....i was on my feet and running to my baby to get her out of traffic.I was able to ride her back to storage,just had to hold up my rashed leg because the right side peg is gone. I still have my little SV-650 to ride,so i haven't missed any riding really! The rash on my lower leg is prety deep as is the one on my hand. I wasnt wearing gloves but i do remember sliding on my back mostly. I think i rolled that way cuz i remember thinking when my hand hit pavement..."damn......that hurts"! I was extremely lucky. Thanks for the comments everyone. Suzi will be fine.....eventually.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I dumped my old bike about 4 years ago similar situation. I ended sliding for about 80 feet on my hand and knees.Took about a 1\2 of an inch out of my palm. know how you feel bro. I hurts. Just make sure you hold cold beers in that hand it helps.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Thanks for sharing your bad news with us. Always serves to remind us all to be wary that this can happen to us all at anyime, anywhere. Glad you are OK and on the mend.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
960 Posts
BTW, which exhaust you going with this time?;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Be Alert

One thing we have to remember is cars and trucks dont see us. We have to ride for them and us. I just got hit in a parking lot a man blew right threw a stop sign, i leaned my bike to go around him but he still hit my front tire i went down about 6 miles and hour he jumped out of his car and he said im sorry i didnt know there was a stop sign . He stayed with me until the cops and medical bus arrived and took me away but he was worried about me and i was worried about my bike. If it wasn't for that safety course he would have hit me a lot worse that class showed me how to stop quick without losing control i think thats what saved me. Be safe out there guys helmets on leather on gloves on even if you are going to the store down the block.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts