M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I presume u mean the rear wheel , Theres nothing to explain just get a 109 rim and bolt it straight on , its that easy :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Theres nothing to explain just get a 109 rim and bolt it straight on , its that easy :bigthumbsup:
Let me ask you this...bike looks great by the way...what did you do about the bearing spacer? My mechanic told me the M90's bearing spacer was not the correct size for the M109 rim, so he ordered one for an M109 to use. Did your M109 rim come with the spacer or did you use the M90's?

Also, I'm also curious how you got the 250 to fit in the M90 swing arm. I recall you posting the 250 rubs by 1 or 2 mm.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had to go with the 240 because the the 250 i bought rubbed. I tell yall the M90 Berring fit straight on no problem!

·
Registered
45 Posts
The spacers worked fine as well. The only thing my mechanic got from me was the naked 109 wheel.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
250 vs 240

Yeah it's all compatible, my m90 cush drive and brake rotor all fit straight on the 109 rim then bolts straight to the bike ,

The 250 Tyre seriously rubs by a fly dung , Just shave a mil or 2 off the left side of the Tyre before you fit it or roll with the 240 , there both phat as , either way it looks way better than the 200

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
power loss

Defiantly noticed the gearing difference , holds gears way longer , I've got pipes and chip so mine pulls the 250 no worries !

·
Registered
743 Posts
i just put my bike back totally stock because of the bloody stealer ship not wanting to do anything with my mods on i have a issue with the bike popping all the time they tried to tell me its because of all the mods funny they knew about it before any mods i did notice that when i put the 200 rim back on that the swing arm didnt have to pull in as far as it does with the 240 rim i wonder if the rim is off set different

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats unlucky I had my bike in at the Stealership yesterday for my first 1000k service and they LOVED it , They were wrapped at all the mods i've done , might be a different story if I need warranty tho I spose :-\

The 109 rim is higher than the 90 rim that maybe the difference ??

·
Registered
608 Posts
Progress so far - the mods never end tho ... lol
Looking good! I have a suggestion to block off the holes left behind in the signal stay when you remove the stock front signals. I used a chrome button-head bolt and chrome washer to block off the hole..I can't remember for sure but it was either a M10 or a M12 bolt...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SBLfromNS Thanks for the tip , I was kind of looking for a little bullet spot light to go there, ?

I'll be painting the hub soon !!! there always something to modify :joke:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Just picked her up! Just a note for anyone planning on doing this, the M109 bearing spacer is needed to properly space the bearings to prevent damage not only to the bearings, but keeping the rear tire straight.

">">

·
Registered
608 Posts
Looks great - time to debeaver to really show it off! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts