M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got sick of my stock exhaust taking up room in my garage and so i thought why not try my hand at something "custom". so i will be searching for something new and "neat" for the hammer (my 109). all i need now is a muffler and some black heat wrap.

if you guys know any good places to find good mufflers please let me know! im looking for about a 14inch muffler.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Forget a muffler. put a turn down tip on that and run it. It is WAY LOUD! Trust me, I ran that for about 2 weeks.

If your local pep boy has gotten the new 'Speed Shop', that is a great place to go. My local store sectioned off 1/4 of the store to tuner type parts and their stock on mufflers is huge.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,096 Posts
It's easy to do what I did and put a chrome exhaust tip on it, then stuff a glass pack muffler in it. I've got one tip that has a 12" muffler in it, and another that has an 18". The 12" is just a little too loud but the 18" sounds great. That's an 20" body, the overall length is around 24". You can get all kinds of tips in different sizes and lengths, and either turn out, slash cut, rolled edge, etc.

Or get a SuperTrapp and stick that on there. For any of them all you have to do is make up a connector pipe to get you from the head pipes to the muffler.

·
Registered
624 Posts
What i had before turbo, i cut mine in the same spot as you, welded a piece of 3inch pipe to the collector and then added the muffler, you reduce the length of the 3inch pipe or take the end cap off the muffler cut down and then refit end cap. Just a thought!!

View attachment 19456

View attachment 19457

G

·
CHERRY BOMB!!!!!

LOL

actually I saw a youtube clip somewhere's.....a guy had a sportbike exaust welded up and that sounded friggin awesome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.