M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spending a little more than 11.5 years as an enlisted man, I commissioned in the Navy in May. Today I finally got around to putting my blue sticker on my bike. I'm not a fan of stickers on my bike, but the base here does not allow them to be stuck to anything that is easily removable. The reason I had to put the stickers on my bike at all is because I'm going to take the Experienced Riders Safety Course tomorrow (on base because its free there) so that I can ride legally for another 3 years.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
:congrats:Congrats on your comissioning. Don't worry about the stickers on the forks. That's where mine are, under the chrome fork tubes:joke:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I am glad that they aren't that picky about decal placement here at Fort Leonard Wood. Good luck sir. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
735 Posts
My son is in Ft Stewart and I made a bracket and attached it to the left front reflector stud. I unscrewed the reflector and attached the bracket then he put the sticker on. This way if he is in a show all he has to do is unscrew the threaded rod.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I put my decals where they are so I can turn my bars full lock to the left and you will never know they were there.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Congrats on the comission!! I did the same thing in the AF. Spent 11.5 enlisted and 11.5 as an officer. Retired as an O-4...was one of the best decisions I made!

Good luck and thanks for the service my friend!

Chip

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice!! I like how you painted your rims white. Looks good on the LE.:bigthumbsup:

-Josh
Thanks! I love the way they look, but they are a gigantic PITA to keep clean! :-\

:congrats:Congrats on your comissioning. Don't worry about the stickers on the forks. That's where mine are, under the chrome fork tubes:joke:
Chrome fork tubes, eh? I'm liking the sound of those... ;)

I am glad that they aren't that picky about decal placement here at Fort Leonard Wood. Good luck sir. :bigthumbsup:

Thanks a lot! I thought about putting mine where you did, but I worried about scratching that paint when I get to my next station and have to change them.

My son is in Ft Stewart and I made a bracket and attached it to the left front reflector stud. I unscrewed the reflector and attached the bracket then he put the sticker on. This way if he is in a show all he has to do is unscrew the threaded rod.
I wish I could have a bracket on mine, but they specifically told me that was not authorized on this base.

Congrats on the comission!! I did the same thing in the AF. Spent 11.5 enlisted and 11.5 as an officer. Retired as an O-4...was one of the best decisions I made!

Good luck and thanks for the service my friend!

Chip
And thank you for your service! O-4 is my goal before retirement. We'll see how well that goes.

i never heard this before, a sticker for what exactly and why???
Here, for the most part, you have to have stickers (like the ones in my picture) to gain access to any military base. They are issued to the owners of all vehicles (not just bikes) once they have shown proof of insurance, registration, and driver's license. For motorcycles, the military also requires motorcycle safety courses be taken periodically.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,877 Posts
Thanks for the service, and that's a sticker to be proud of. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think the AF is doing away with those stickers. I dunno tho. Congrats on the comiss, but don't forget where you came from. That's a big problem I've seen with my job. The training we get damn near gets you a degree minus like 9 credits, so alot of guys just take a couple classes and go to OTS, but then forget who they were before hand and treat enlisted folk, just like any other officer does. Keep your guys happy and they'll make you look good.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the kind words guys. I'm very proud of this latest accomplishment, but you'd better believe that with almost 12 years as an enlisted man, I wont forget my roots. :bigthumbsup:

On a separate note though, I successfully completed the experienced riders safety course today. If you've never done it, you should! It gets very humbling very quickly. I learned a lot and remembered a lot that I had forgotten. It was a GREAT experience!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
thank you for your service sir!!

i have 2 nephews that just enlisted in the AF one just finished basic and is on his way to edwards AFB, and one ships out to basic on aug 17th he is shooting for AF special forces.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words guys. I'm very proud of this latest accomplishment, but you'd better believe that with almost 12 years as an enlisted man, I wont forget my roots. :bigthumbsup:

On a separate note though, I successfully completed the experienced riders safety course today. If you've never done it, you should! It gets very humbling very quickly. I learned a lot and remembered a lot that I had forgotten. It was a GREAT experience!
Congrats, the officers that I have respected the most are the guys that paid their dues and came from the enlisted side before pinning that gold bar on. If I am ever in a position to make or suggest new regulations I would love to see a mandatory 3 year minimum that each Soldier, Sailor, Airman or Marine has to complete before even having the opportunity to become an officer.

But then how would the experienced Soldiers and NCO's mess around with that "green" butter bar?:evil: :joke:

·
Registered
31 Posts
congrats

After spending a little more than 11.5 years as an enlisted man, I commissioned in the Navy in May. Today I finally got around to putting my blue sticker on my bike. I'm not a fan of stickers on my bike, but the base here does not allow them to be stuck to anything that is easily removable. The reason I had to put the stickers on my bike at all is because I'm going to take the Experienced Riders Safety Course tomorrow (on base because its free there) so that I can ride legally for another 3 years.

thanks for service

·
Registered
766 Posts
:congrats:. That is a great accomplishment and I bet you deserve it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts