M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey Lamont, I hope you didn't have the flash on..... :D

G

·
A couple of weeks ago one wandered across the road in front of my niece. It totaled her car, but the buffalo just wandered off into the dark.

Reed

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thats alot of Jerky :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sometime I will tell you about the buffalo that chased me and almost trampled me right there in Yellowstone Park! I now give those things and most wild things a wide berth unless I'm carryin'. Great picture though!
Cheers,
Kingpong :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i'd be ok up until the point where the buff started making bedroom eyes with my 109

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was nervous a few years back, when one came up to me in Yellowstone... And I was in a pickup truck!!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
It would have been one of those times where I would think ......." WTF was I thinking " when looking back on it :p ........... but ,those are the times that seem to live on in everyones minds for years to come :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
592 Posts
I myself was feeling pretty safe when I took that picture :D
But then again you were between me and that Big Ol Buff :duck:
Big Joe.

·
Registered
592 Posts
dicarlos said:
I was right behind him on my Silver 109 taking that pic :bigthumbsup: so I guess he was trying to get the ugly black one out of the way so he could see the BADD A$$ Silver M-109 :hot:
Big Joe.

·
Registered
77 Posts
you must have caught that buffalo on a good day espically with that calf behind him. Ever see the viedo where the guy got to close and the buffalo flipped his buttocks over the top of a 10 foot pine tree. they are very calm animals until they feel threaten and they have been know to kick Ass

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Generally, with animals that are used to traffic coming through if you stay on your bike or in your car they do not perceive you as a threat.
Walk up to them and its a different matter.
Same as when you are on a horse. Many times the other animals only see/smell the horse and are not afraid because they done know a "MAN" is near.

I would have been scared big time if that was me though.

Sledzep

·
Registered
98 Posts
HOLY!!!!!!!! :yikes:
Would have made me a bit nervous.
Here's a statistic I found:

"During the 20- year period from 1980 to 1999, bison injured more of Yellowstone’s visitors than did any other animal. During this period, bison charged and made contact with humans 79 times...bison charged but did not make contact with humans 16 times. For comparison, there were 24 bear inflicted human injuries...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts