M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Actually it's for my grandson, and my daughter to use in her photography business as a prop. We found it today on Craigslist by accident looking for a pedal car. Man, I would have loved one of these when I was a kid.
Funny story, I had it in the back of my pick up when we stopped for dinner, and when we came out, a guy about 85 was eyeballing it. Said he had one when he was a kid. I had to laugh at that one.
Ride safe everyone!
Oh, we got this one too. It needs a little work, but will make an excellent trainer!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
CBR, I love both of them but especially the plane. Is it really that old that the old guy would have had one? It looks new! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
That plane is too cool. I won't show this pic to my grandsons because they'd want one and I know I'd play hell trying to find one. Looks like the belt turns the prop, love it.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reproduction!

CBR, I love both of them but especially the plane. Is it really that old that the old guy would have had one? It looks new! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
The plane is a reproduction, only about 8 years old, but cost about $500 new. I got it for $100, quite a bargain. The guy was moving and needed cash. It's in great shape.
The original 1924-1934 versions are priceless if you can find one. So the old timer had an original. They're hard to tell apart, but the originals had guns mounted on the cowl. Not PC anymore I guess.
The car is about 50-60 years old. I haven't seen one to price it yet, but I'm sure it's worth more than the $50 I paid for it. I'm going to fix it up a bit, like the steering wheel bolt is missing, and one tire has split from the rim. It's going to be a daily driver, not a garage queen.
I can't wait to see my grandson's face when he see's them! He's 3 and fearless.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
My 3 year old granson just saw the pedal car pics. He wants the "fire car" what a hotrodder!

·
Registered
300 Posts
i would hate to be cruisin in the plane and have that v-belt snap! oofta:joke: wish i had cool toys as a child.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Hah! Cool. I didn't grow up in the 1950's but those things look great and are well built. Not like the plastic Big-Wheel I was power skidding in the late 70's. However that thing was fun as heck I remember.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts