M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a bike trip in Arizona this summer. Left Phoenix heading Northwest towards Wikenburg. Ended up on Rte. 89 from Wikenburg to Prescott. OMG! what a beautiful roller-coaster of a highway.

I only encountered two cagers going in my direction, and both of them pulled over to let me pass as soon as they saw a MC in their mirrors. UP, DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT, beautiful vistas, no traffic, road in perfect condition.

If you're ever in AZ., check it out! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
nice tip. thanks. i will be in las vegas later this month and also visiting some friends in arizona near there, after that. i might have to check it out. only thing is i won't have my 9 with me, but my friend has a bike i can borrow.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
The last time I was up that way, coming in from Yuma, and driving on the longest, straightest road ever, after making 2 turns, there was a sheriff SUV parked with a camera on top. Right outside of Congress.

But, for Arizona, that is one sweet road.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I took a bike trip in Arizona this summer. Left Phoenix heading Northwest towards Wikenburg. Ended up on Rte. 89 from Wikenburg to Prescott. OMG! what a beautiful roller-coaster of a highway.

I only encountered two cagers going in my direction, and both of them pulled over to let me pass as soon as they saw a MC in their mirrors. UP, DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT, beautiful vistas, no traffic, road in perfect condition.

If you're ever in AZ., check it out! :bigthumbsup:
rode that road in June, great ride. So's the road from Sedona to Flaggstaff

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
:nopic:

·
Registered
503 Posts
There are some pic's in the (109 pictures forum) under AZ Pictures of some trips that m109dreamer took. He came down to Tucson on his last trip a few weeks ago and we went up to Mt. Lemon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts