M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to share my pix of what i have done to my m109. I really like what they are doing with the Harley Road Glide, but when i drove it the bike didnt have the power i wanted. So i decieded to put the Fairing on my bike and save 22K. I have been working on the bike for over a two months and have 3k in the project. We are at the last Stage and that is painting it. I know people will be hard on me and say what the heck did u do, But i still want to know what u think. I wont feel bad.

I hope you like.

When I first bought the bike

Done

Rude spray jobs by 911 Auto center is doing the paint job in san antonio 210-681-9111

House of Kolor "Lime Time"

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I put the bike together and drove it for about 130 miles and made sure the fairing wasnt going anywhere. I hit speeds of 120 mph its really nice to have a stereo

The stereo is the CMV1 by clarion (dvd player)
with the hog tunes 5X7 speakers
hog tunes amp
klock werks 12 screen (no pix of it on yet)

I still have to re-route the brake lines
add the hd gauges
I have wiring that i have to do to make it look very kleen.

·
Registered
735 Posts
i think you might be able to pull it off, but i think it would have to be a complete custom fairing. That one seems to sit too high for my tastes. i think i doesn't flow with the lines of the tank and that where the problems begin. aesthetically i would want to the fairing bottom to flow with the tank , and at the same time you need the fairing to not hit the tank when doing locked turns.
But everyone has their own tastes and looks, so do your thing bro. Throw some paint on it and it it looks better to me then, I will have no problem saying so.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Really Really sorry :yikes::barf::barf::barf:just does not fit the lines of the bike

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I think it nothing short of genius! Once the paint is on, I believe it will flow nicely8) :eek: :bigthumbsup: The frame mount is the leap here! In the future a custom fairing mounted in this fashon would be a nice Scooby addition to options for the 9

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Great job on taking the leap and doing something different.
I don't think it works with the lines of the bike, but with paint, and some adjustments, it might work.
Post pics once its all painted up.
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm obviously in the minority here, but I love it! I think it looks great and will look even better when painted. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
hmmm

how about make it 1 headlight instead of two. that way it looks like u super sized your regular 109 headlight. when painted it will look better.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Hey, I want the front end of my snowmobile back!

·
Registered
461 Posts
:clap2: Very creative.....love to see it when this is done...totally out there....love when motorcycle enthusiast just do things thier own way....awesome to see what people come up with...:congrats:

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Not Cool At All

I don't want to sound critical by any means. However, you did ask for opinions. I don't think that fairing fits the bike at all. It is too big, it sits far too high, it doesn't flow with the lines of the bike, and the two headlight set up is way off track. The whole set up makes the bike look really weird. I think you may have let your imagination run too far on this one. It doesn't look good at all...painted or not IMO.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not for me, but a huge :bigthumbsup: for your ingenuity. Never ceases to amaze me what people can come up with.

G

·
Check with your DMV. There are leagal limmits to how high off the ground your headlight can be.

OH, and better beef up that front suspension.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I applaud your ingenuity. Of all the Harley dressers, I like the road glide fairing least of all. This picture reminds me of a sports team mascot with the really big head......

Looking forward to seeing it painted and finished.:bigthumbsup: for making it your own.

-Josh

1 - 20 of 172 Posts