·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Naw, not really. Just a Las Vegas rental. :D

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I hoped on a Harley soft tail custome for a test ride took it out came back they asked me how I liked it I told them it sucked it has no power no giddy up and go the sales guy told me I was probly short shifting I told him no I was running it hard, I told him if you want to feel real power hope on my 9!!! He got PI$$ED off to say the least!!! Got ta love it!!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Street glide was nice and had some great features. The fairing was nice at speed, really made it quiet compared to my 109. The sound system rocked. Six speeds was great too. Our 109's should have come with a sixth. The clutch seemed to have a problem disengaging though. Pulling up to a stop, the bike wanted to power you forward somewhat. I chalk that up to an adjustment I suppose. ABS is always good and it had cruise control. I messed with the cruise some, but really I think that's overkill on a motorcycle. My wife was pretty comfortable on the back. The engine shaking the whole bike at idle is annoying as F but it does smooth out at speed. Not nearly as powerful as my bike but it has decent power. It rolls easier into corners than my bike. The wide rear tire on a 109 makes you have to work a bit harder.

All in all I like my bike much better but it was cool to ride something different for a day. This experience solidified my opinion that HD's don't really offer anything more for the higher prices they command. I wouldn't mind trying out a Rocker though, just for fun.

The folks at LVHD were very nice. That's a big fooking Harley dealership! They made the rental process seamless and easy. The bike was a 2010 and in excellent condition.

·
Registered
388 Posts
How much was it to rent the bike?
And a related question . . . how much deposit. I had a buddy flying in from Germany and I was going to let him ride my bike while I rode a rental. I was going to rent a Harley and they wanted a $2,000 deposit--for ME, a fully insured person, to drive it. I don't trust anyone with that much money.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The rental was just under $200 for the day. They put $1000 on my credit card as a deposit then credited it when I returned the bike. I don't have a problem with a deposit on my cc. If any issues arise, I can talk to my credit card company and dispute the charge.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
My wife rented us an Ultra Glide for a weekend. It was a present for me. We picked up a brand new bike. Had like 9 miles on it at LAX airport. We got up to the to near the top of the grapevine and the bike just stopped. Called them and two hours later another new bike was delivered and we were on our way. I felt that the controls were a lot harder than the Honda 750 Aero I had at the time. And it was not much faster. But it did ride nice. And the wind did not beat us up so much. But we still could hardly hear the music. And when you had to turn on the power the exhaust volume went up a bunch and the bike not so much on acceleration. All in all it was what made me decide not to buy a harley.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
I am headed out after the summer and will not rent a harley......... I will go with the GOLDWING... unless they are out, then it will be the same one you rented...

Need to post up some more pictures... :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,958 Posts
I suppose for Vegas that's a fair price. Around here they rent them for around $125 a day. Some car dealers rent them for less. I'm not sure what kind of deposit they charge.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts