Congratulations on the new bike enjoy...So excited to be picking her up today.. I will use this thread to post my initial thoughts and review as well as any mods I may undertake..
So far my plans are limited to:
- backrest (have 2 on order from Amazon - 1 with rack and 1 without - and will see which works best
- saddle bags - thinking of Viking or Matuzaka (sp) that i see on Ebay
- maybe new grips
- maybe a windshield.. i see the Vstream which looks nice but on the pricey side.. not sure yet if needed
- I possibly may look to drill out the baffles although i have had loud bikes recently (a Honda Fury with Cobra swepts and modified baffles and a Mean Streak with V/H) so want to live on the quieter side of the street for a bit.
I have read some that commented that they loved the sound after drilling the baffles on the 9 but i may hold off for awhile.. perhaps at the June meetup there may be a brother that has that done and i can hear it in person. I can tell you that when i drilled the baffles on the Fury i hated the sound, it actually sounded more like a motor-boat than a motorcycle which led me to buy proper pipes..hopefully its better on the 9.
- ECU - not sure if this is needed.. i know it will if i mod the intake or install a spike as i did on my Fury.. im sure this bike is silly fast as it is, so if i did the ECU it would just be for drivability and not so much performance.
- Intake - maybe - I did a spike filter on my Fury and liked that look (paired with spike grips and pegs).. perhaps later down the line. View attachment 420471 View attachment 420472