M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sound is awesome, its just the same as stock as far as how it sounds, but it is alot louder. The bottom pipe is easy, I used a 3 in hole saw with a 1 3/4 hole saw combined together and made the cut. Then you have to get a huge flat head screwdriver and pop the three welds off to take the baffle out.

The top pipe is a nightmare, the hole is angled and not a perfect circle so a hole saw makes your life a living hell. I used a cutting wheel with all sort of grinders to finnaly make the cut and smooth it out.

I then used 1200 degree black engine paint and painted the inside of my pips so you can not even tell is was done unless you sit down on the ground and look inside the pipes

i'll try to get some pics up soon

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used a 15.5 inch SNAP ON flat head screw driver and it popped the welds with about 10-20 hits each with a big hammer.

No FI light is on at all, all you get from this modification is a louder bike,,,thats it................

If your not good with tools or bikes its prob very easy to mess your pretty pipes up so be very very carefull!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dont know how to get you guys a sound clip because my camera files are wayyyy to large to post,,,anyone let me know how to do it and I will try to post a sound video,,,but thats all I can do for now.....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Great job RS. One question please. On the 4 th.. picture the inside of the pipe. You take out everything up to that round piece correct ?  Little info for you. I use putfile.com to post video's and pictures. Let me know if you need a hand. It shrinks pictures and compresses videos. Thanks for the quick reply. Please let me know about that round piece inside the pipe. i'm willing to try that.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Once you cut the "Black Metal Donuts out"

There is just the three welds, once you pop those three welds the baffle is pulled out with your hand, it basically falls out, nothing else is holding the baffle in the muffler besides those three welds.......

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
This is looking more and more like I need a new screwdriver, a six pack and a few hours to kill....
Someone had also posted that they did this AND a quick and dirty air filter mod... I do not believe any dyno #'s were given.
DAMN I need to know. If I can gut the pipes and buy an aftermarket filter and gain some power without remapping I might
be able to last till the fall before I went all out with intake/exhaust/mapping/280....
Better sound and a little more power is all I need right now.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts