M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I know there was a thread about it somewhere on here and now with all the members that have a 240 on the bike what modifications did it take to put it on?

Your bike is looking great btw!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Looks great, but I do have to ask a dumb question.. Why is it on the 90, the left side has that swing arm, and not on the 109? I just noticed that :dontknow:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Looks great, real clean.... you planning on staying with the stock exhaust or do you have a after market in mind?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Some of us out here are married, and like our bike was on the show room floor we saw that bike/wife and fell in love with it/her right then and there. We get married/but the bike go home and watch TV and see J-Low big but then look at our wife's and wonder what my wife would look like with J'low's butt. Now don't get me wrong I love my wife but if I could change some things I would never leave home...since I cant change her lets see what I can change about my bike....while looking at some old threads I ran across this one..now I have the same bike for now (bone stock) but the images of your bike gave me goose pimples.....I started to see what my bike could look like....Ive got a 240 rim and tire on order and should be here Friday.(so you know what I'll be doing over the weekend) just one question what type of lowering bones did you order to get that 2 1/2 in drop figured since i had the rear tire off I'd might as well do the drop at the same time,IMO the 90' with a 240 on it looks so much better than the 109 with a 240, possibly due to the smaller frame...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes Red...go at least 2 1/2 because you will be going from a 17inch Wheel to the 240 18inch wheel. I have the 2 inch bones, and 240 and wish I would have gone 2 1/2

·
Registered
132 Posts
Football is a game of inches...Customizing a bike is a game of 1/2 inches...lol Which raise another question.

How can you please a woman with just 3 inches......?????

Give her your Credit Card...lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice look... pretty...
Welcome to the 240 club...

I show some pics from the 90 from my wife...

The left one is the bike from my wife... the right, hmm okay... it's mine...

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Don't go more than a 2" drop with the 240 if you plan on riding with the wife on the back. Personally I wouldn't go more than 1.5", but that's just me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
soooo I'll have to order/buy the M109 Rear Bearing Kit and the
M109 Bearing Spacer as peDeputy1042 and oleskool.... now remember the tire/rim are due to be delivered Friday...and the "stealership" is not known for always having what I need in stock...didn't want them to get the back end tore down then start ordering parts and charging the extra storage fees
hopefully the rear rim will have the crush bushings in them if not can I use the ones out of my 90 rim...since the rim and tire would be off, why not replace everything at once....anybody got any sites they've had fast good customer service through...

p.s. lowering bones were ordered through Johns this morning

·
Registered
132 Posts
No...The Bearing Spacer has to be for the M109...since it is a M109 Wheel. Reason being the M90 wheel is something like 6 inches wide, and the M109 wheel is like 8.5 inches wide..so the Bearing Spacer is relevant to the width of the wheel...If you used the Bearing Spacer from the M90 on the M109 wheel, its a good chance the bearing would collaspe they met up with shorter Spacer... So you will definantly need the M109 Bearings Spacer

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mine is lowered 2.5" with the 240 rear, and I ride two up pretty frequently with no issues..:dontknow:

Congrats on the mods. Looking good:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Mine is lowered 2.5" with the 240 rear, and I ride two up pretty frequently with no issues..:dontknow:
There have been other members who had issues with the tire rubbing on the inner fender on a 3" drop...so just a suggestion as I have no idea how robust some people's wives/girlfriends are ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
There have been other members who had issues with the tire rubbing on the inner fender on a 3" drop...so just a suggestion as I have no idea how robust some people's wives/girlfriends are ;)
Good point:joke:

·
Registered
684 Posts
What have you guys been paying for a rear 109 wheel?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts