M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Motor Done? Already back in the frame......like to see some numbers. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hal I'm sure they'll do a good job at getting her back together...just maks sure ALL of the fingerprints are off :bigthumbsup: :D

Devilish

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DevilishEyes109 said:
Hal I'm sure they'll do a good job at getting her back together...just maks sure ALL of the fingerprints are off :bigthumbsup: :D

Devilish
I will forgive a few fingerprints if we can hit our goal. What was our goal anyway???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
M109R Fan said:
That is exciting Hal... getting close to being done... :bigthumbsup:
It caught me by surprise cause I had told him not to rush as I had some other parts being done. My exhaust isn't done and my seat is up in Canada being redone. So I bought another seat on E-bay and I hope it shows today.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
I will forgive a few fingerprints if we can hit our goal. What was our goal anyway???
Well, you said:
We want 140HP (at the rear wheel) without going into the block and without using any artificial chemicals.
But I said:
1. Dyno bike before removing the engine = 0 HP
2. Remove stock clutch to install new high performance clutch = 0 HP
3. Engine-increase compression by 1 point = 2.2 HP
4. Install new cams = 2.8 HP
5. Port, polish and totally go over the cyliner heads and valves = 3.3 HP
6. Install pair valve covers = 0.9 HP
7. Power Commander with MAP = 4.6 HP
8. Install new wave front brake rotors = 0 HP
9. Install new air intake system (done) = 6.4 HP
10. Install new 2 into 1 pipe-JR style with a twist = 4.5 HP
11. Other small tricks yet to be decided = 1.2 HP
(12.) Better weather conditions for dyno run = 2.8 HP

27.5 HP for mods PLUS 118.82HP existing Dyno Run EQUALS 146.32 HP.

·
Registered
296 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
I can't find the key. I may have to push it to Daytona.
Hmmmm, well.......one horsepower = 33000 ft/lbs per minute (according to engineer James Watt - you know, light bulbs and steam engines? He also invented the horsepower term - J R 's probably got a better resume than him though ;) :joke: ) , soooo......which is 33lbs moved 1000ft per minute if you are a horse. Hal , unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) is NOT a horse, so this is the hard part - how many feet can Hal move 33lbs in one minute (as compared to a "horse") *? Hal I am going to guess......about a tenth as far as a horse......so lets go with .10 horsepower if you push..... hope you work out regularly, that 109 is over 700 lbs gassed up :eek:

Just having some fun, looking forward to seeing it complete , Hal..... J R just a friendly reference to you as well, no harm intended..... :bigthumbsup:

*check out : http://auto.howstuffworks.com/horsepower.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shriker said:
Hmmmm, well.......one horsepower = 33000 ft/lbs per minute (according to engineer James Watt - you know, light bulbs and steam engines? He also invented the horsepower term - J R 's probably got a better resume than him though ;) :joke: ) , soooo......which is 33lbs moved 1000ft per minute if you are a horse.  Hal , unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) is NOT a horse, so this is the hard part - how many feet can Hal move 33lbs in one minute (as compared to a "horse") *? Hal I am going to guess......about a tenth as far as a horse......so lets go with .10 horsepower if you push..... hope you work out regularly, that 109 is over 700 lbs gassed up :eek:

Just having some fun, looking forward to seeing it complete , Hal..... J R just a friendly reference to you as well, no harm intended..... :bigthumbsup:

*check out : http://auto.howstuffworks.com/horsepower.htm
Well the better question is how many miles can Hal push a Honda VTX1300 without having a heart attack?

The day after Hurricane Wilma we had three cars with no gas and a VTX1300 that was not on reserve yet. I rode it to the office to check things out and on the way home I ran out of gas. But I could see my house across the lake but I had to go down about a half-mile and turn into the gate and then another half-mile back to the house. Luckily one of my neighbors saw me pushing it and loaned me some gas. But that was a workout. So how many mice-power is that???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HalGreenlee said:
Well the better question is how many miles can Hal push a Honda VTX1300 without having a heart attack?

The day after Hurricane Wilma we had three cars with no gas and a VTX1300 that was not on reserve yet. I rode it to the office to check things out and on the way home I ran out of gas. But I could see my house across the lake but I had to go down about a half-mile and turn into the gate and then another half-mile back to the house. Luckily one of my neighbors saw me pushing it and loaned me some gas. But that was a workout. So how many mice-power is that???
That sux :a20: :joke:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HalGreenlee said:

The day after Hurricane Wilma we had three cars with no gas and a VTX1300 that was not on reserve yet. I rode it to the office to check things out and on the way home I ran out of gas. But I could see my house across the lake but I had to go down about a half-mile and turn into the gate and then another half-mile back to the house. Luckily one of my neighbors saw me pushing it and loaned me some gas. But that was a workout. So how many mice-power is that???
Btw, when are you riding up? is Jim (Junk Yard Dog) riding up with ya? My plans are to ride up on Wednesday to Merritt Island and Thusday the rest of the way...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HalGreenlee said:
I will forgive a few fingerprints if we can hit our goal. What was our goal anyway???
without going over each individually as they will all work together I say: 28.5 total HP gains (hopefully the port and polish job is a good one)

so final number shall be 118.42 + 28.5 = 146.92 HP at the wheel... Now where is my Power Commander? LOL...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts