M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode it about 25 miles to the office and then to my house. Power is unbelievable and I have to be careful as it hits the rev limiter so fast that I am going to have to change the way I drove.

The bike is still missing the final exhaust so we put the Cobra's back on for Biketoberfest.

Here are some pics I took when I got home.

This is the Galfer Wave rotor. I like it because it changes the look of the front end:


This picture shows how the Kewl Metal chrome fork tubes change the look of the front end. Now I need to chrome the triple trees:


This is a 280 Metzeler tire on our 10 inch Replicator wheel. It fills the fender perfectly:


Some slightly different shots of the rear end:


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,637 Posts
Nice :bigthumbsup: .................... I do like the rotors :doorag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,548 Posts
I'm so close to ordering the Kewl chrome covers that I can taste it you beat me to it Hal.they do look good I'm glad you got them so I could see what they look like .I.m sure Kuryakyn will have some tripple tree covers by spring if not sooner like the ones I have on my VTX.Do you think by your butt dyno that you got to your goal of 140 hp?? :dontknow: :D :evil:Looks good what kind of exaust do you plan to use?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,103 Posts
Hal, did the carrier on the rotor come that way or did you polish it out? I use them on my "other" bike but never saw a Chrome option when I ordered, mine are gold.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What exhaust are you going with? The bike did make it to the dyno with the Cobras didn't it? I know you won't divulge your numbers but it did get tuned on the dyno didn't it? Can you please list what work you had done once again? You are one lucky S.O.B. I'm excited for you. Hell, I get excited everytime I take the cover off of my M and when the wind blows but that's a story for the picture forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
I rode it about 25 miles to the office and then to my house. Power is unbelievable and I have to be careful as it hits the rev limiter so fast that I am going to have to change the way I drove.

The bike is still missing the final exhaust so we put the Cobra's back on for Biketoberfest.

Here are some pics I took when I got home.

This is the Galfer Wave rotor. I like it because it changes the look of the front end:


This picture shows how the Kewl Metal chrome fork tubes change the look of the front end. Now I need to chrome the triple trees:


This is a 280 Metzeler tire on our 10 inch Replicator wheel. It fills the fender perfectly:


Some slightly different shots of the rear end:


Hal,
Your Project M-109 bike is looking sweet Bro!
Thanks for doing the motor mods so we can all see what we can get from this bad boy M-109 motor.
I think we are looking at 138 RWHP when you have it all done and dynoed :D
Now if you only had an air ride to SLAM that bad Boy to the ground it would almost be finished. :bigthumbsup:
PS How come the foot stool is not on the bike :dontknow:
Big Joe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Good going Hal, you received your bike in plenty time for biketoberfest.

Your bike really looks nice. I sure would like to go to biketoberfest with you all!

Chuck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,172 Posts
Can't wait to hear your power numbers Hal. And the rotor and rear tire are the boss! I don't feel ashamed being the me too guy. I want them!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
702 Posts
Looks friggin sweet Hal. That 280 looks incredible. There's nothing quite like show AND go. :super:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
I'm pleased you've got your bike back in time Hal..can't wait to hear the figures so I can boast a little about the bikes potential.

For all the dough and time you've put into this exercise, you deserve a GREAT result. (146 at the rubber..I can feel it in my water) :D
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
squirrel said:
I'm so close to ordering the Kewl chrome covers that I can taste it you beat me to it Hal.they do look good I'm glad you got them so I could see what they look like .I.m sure Kuryakyn will have some tripple tree covers by spring if not sooner like the ones I have on my VTX.Do you think by your butt dyno that you got to your goal of 140 hp?? :dontknow: :D :evil:Looks good what kind of exaust do you plan to use?
Knowing what the dyno said I think we are close enough that with the exhaust and final MAP that 140+ is within reach.

The exhaust is being built so it will be a one-off or maybe a four-off.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
steve j said:
Hal, did the carrier on the rotor come that way or did you polish it out? I use them on my "other" bike but never saw a Chrome option when I ordered, mine are gold.
It came with the chrome.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
itsthatfast said:
What exhaust are you going with? The bike did make it to the dyno with the Cobras didn't it? I know you won't divulge your numbers but it did get tuned on the dyno didn't it? Can you please list what work you had done once again? You are one lucky S.O.B. I'm excited for you. Hell, I get excited everytime I take the cover off of my M and when the wind blows but that's a story for the picture forum.
Here is what has been done on the bike as of today:

1. Dyno bike before removing the engine DONE

2. Remove stock clutch to install new high performance clutch INSTALLED HD CLUTCH SPRINGS

3. Engine-increase compression by 1 point DONE

4. Install new cams CAM MAKER COULDN"T GUARANTEE A DELIVERY DATE - -SCRATCHED FROM LIST

5. Port, polish and totally go over the cylinder heads and valves DONE

6. Install pair valve covers DONE

7. Power Commander with MAP. TEMP MAP INSTALLED UNTIL PIPES ARE PUT ON BIKE

8. Install new wave front brake rotors DONE

9. Install new air intake system (done) DONE

10. Install new 2 into 1 pipe WAITING ON MANUFACTURER
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,466 Posts
Hal,

I really like the minimalist look of your Black bike, (hmmmm lets see, I have Black also, Lamont has Black, JR has Black,.... I see a pattern of BABMF's). 

I digress... the fact that your bike is clean and uncluttered rather than looking like a circus float is a real turn on.

Nothing I like more than a "sleeper" as in an old plain looking stock Chevy Nova with standard tires but a stroked motor under the hood that blows away anything that unexpectedly pulls up next to it (except police cruisers of course).

Not that your bike looks like a sleeper with that fat Metz on it !!! Looks AWESOME !!!  From the minimalist directionals to the relocated plate in order to open up that sweet big azz.   I like my bikes like I like my women, short, big in the rear end, loud, clean, Black, and beautiful. I digress again....

My question is with that new rear wheel do you need to change anything else besides the wheel and rear hub to get that sweet fat rubber on the bike ?  The swingarm remains the same correct ?

Hope to see you at Daytona, check out that sweet ride of yours and give you a friendly little run with my "stock" 109.

Oh yes, and those chrome forks are perfect on Black and that fourth pic of your bikes rear end is now set as my computers background.

Thanks !!!!!

And ride safely on that "guided land missile" and wear FULL gear !!!

Apollo
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Top