M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a mile from the house this morning my bike shut down.  The check display replaced the odometer reading, and the bike will not do anything.  Just had the 600 mile service done on Saturday morning.  Has any one had anything similar happen or any ideas?   :eek:

Thank you all for your help, and I must have been brain dead at 5:30 this morning because as I slowed for a stop light, I must have bumped the kill switch. I had bump the switch before, but had not seen the check message displayed. At work one of my coworkers asked about switch also. Just glad it was not any thing major. :redfaced:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
When a bike just dies like that more times than not it is because of a bad ground. I don't know if that is your case but it might be worth checking. Bummer ::)

G

·
Please don't take this the wrong way but did you check all of the simple things? Kill switch is not in the Kill position, Not trying to start in gear with the kickstand down, ETC. I've been there done that. Hopefully it's something simple.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It sounds stupid but i drove 13 miles after my dad called to tell me the bike was dead (our Honda) only to find he had accidentaly hit the kill switch.

Jeff

·
Registered
817 Posts
waterman said:
It sounds stupid but i drove 13 miles after my dad called to tell me the bike was dead (our Honda) only to find he had accidentaly hit the kill switch.

Jeff
Years ago, my dad had his Electra Glide halfway taken apart on the side of the road when some guy who stopped pointed the flipped kill switch out to him. :redfaced: Wow, talk about happy and embarrassed at the same time. :p

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I see guys do it all the time...they look all over and down on the bike... i'll signal to them "kill Switch" everytime.

·
Registered
33 Posts
LOL, it happens to the best of us. I was riding with a buddy who's been riding for 20+ years. He was on his VTX 1300, and ran out of gas, forgetting to switch it to reserve. So another friend goes back and "reminds" him, and fires it up. Our VTX buddy kills it before he remounts and can't figure out why it won't start up THIS time. He killed it intentionally and still couldn't figure out what was going on.

To this day, we still give him sh*t.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yup, Happend to me about 2 weeks ago at a stop light. I was like "wtf?" After about 5 seconds (feels like eternity with a line of traffic behind you) I saw the switch and wondered how the hell that happened... Gets the best of us!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts