M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I am starting to make up a list of what I want to do to her. Any help on what are better ways to do it, where to buy, who or what to stay away from would be appreciated.

I already bought a little bit of chrome for my frame covers and stuff. Plastic chromed covers. It looks OK to me but b/f says they are kinda chincy.

I want to do the rear beaver tail thingie.
To do that I will need a taillight and a license plate thing to mount on the side. I don't want it on the tail I want it down on the side. I have read about the tail light problems and will wait for the newer one that is better. It also has the turn signals right in it. So I am gonna need a mount thingie for my license plate.

I want to do the Intake Cover mod. Very cool looking. I know where they come from here.....Ducks.

My b/f suggested a TRE whatever that does. OK OK I know it does something, but I really don't understand it so lets just leave it at that.

I like the gear indicator thing built into the handlebars I saw here. Raney I think it is does these. Any other suggestions there?

And someday when I hit the lotto, chrome rims would be amazing looking on the bike.

I got my patch and sweatshirt ordered from Fireman.

I'm gonna be a big girl soon.

I will add more, but I am kind of wanting to start thinking about the tail mod thingie like first up.

Any suggestions on any of the above, cept the rims cuz I'm going broke here, would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Interesting name for your scoot. I call mine Sara. The things I'd like to do are chrome rims, duck covers, tach relocation, and a paint job (bright cherry Corvette red).

·
Registered
2,071 Posts

The "toilet bowl" mod key cap
I was looking around the hardware store and saw some caps that cover the bolts that secure the toilet to the floor.
PackerBacker made a nice post on this. It is about 4 bucks and really cool.
In the search link type "toilet bowl mod"

·
Registered
91 Posts
thing(ie) is your favorite word huh lol? Debeaver is pretty simple you might also want to Debagde too(sticker removal). Cleans the bike up real nice. The GIPro and ATRE (about 160$) is simple set up if done basic but having it in the triple tree or that cover on your tank gets a little more moderate. There are just the ATRE or TRE by itself which run pretty cheap. The TRE removes the rev limiter on gear 1-3 basicly. TRE will have the bike run at a higher idle but ATRE doesnt, that the difference of those two. Good luck cause once you start you ll want more!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I agree with bullrider, the key mod really cleans up that area of the bike. I bought the iso grips so I used the end caps from the stock grips and stuck the key inside with some jb weld. I cut some of the key off to get a closer fit. The side plate mount that I used has pro street designs on the side. I think I got it from tail1 or something like that but I'm not a 100%. Just buy a cheap chrome license plate frame and bend it a little to fit. I got the intakes, exhaust and PCV from metric thunder, they had really nice prices. I e-mailed them before I ordered to tell them what I wanted and see if they would give me some kind of discount and they did. The lowering bones are a cheap way to really improve the a$$ end. Those are next on my list. You definately need to take those reflectors off and throw them in the trash. Webslinger can custom make you some speedo and tach faces. They were only $55 for the pair and they look much nicer than stock. That should get you started.

Good luck

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
At One Time i had the Side Mount plate (mounted on the Brake side)
and i used the Stock signals mounted to simple l brakets under the tail section , I Not made of Money either

after a while i made a Plate Bracket like the Barons design ,out of 1/8 inch Stainless steel plate ,,,,that stuff is Hard to Shape ???

some people are going with a Led Turn signal that raps around the Rear fender , just besure to check you local Regulations first

here is a good place to get a side mount plate holder

http://shaynem109sideplate.com/

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are just the ATRE or TRE by itself which run pretty cheap. The TRE removes the rev limiter on gear 1-3 basicly. TRE will have the bike run at a higher idle but ATRE doesnt, that the difference of those two.
OK Don't take this the wrong way because I know you are helping and I am not saying it isn't helpful but you're speaking a foreign language to me here.

If I can see it, I understand it better. Anything chrome I can see. I can see the beaver tail mod result If it makes it go faster, no need to be technical just tells me yes it makes it go faster and I will understand.

My b/f built my Turbo Miata. At first I was like hey this is fun. Then I wanted to go faster. OK well we need this and that and blah blah blah. How much faster can I make it I ask. He responds, how much do you want to spend. So then it was OK how much will it cost to be able to pass on the highway without downshifting. That lasted about a month or so. Then I wanted to beat V-8 Mustangs at the lights, then Corvette's......each step, it was I gotta get this or do that or re-work this and blah blah blah. First it was 6 lbs of boost, then 12, then 24. Each time he tried to explain it.....it doesn't matter I won't get it. The throttle under my foot is all I understand.

TRE...ATRE....whatever. :dontknow:

But TY for trying to teach me a foreign language....:)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

The "toilet bowl" mod key cap
I was looking around the hardware store and saw some caps that cover the bolts that secure the toilet to the floor.
PackerBacker made a nice post on this. It is about 4 bucks and really cool.
In the search link type "toilet bowl mod"
I gotta look at my bike to understand this one. I can't see in that pic what has been done yet. But you are on the right track. I can understand what I can see.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I gotta look at my bike to understand this one. I can't see in that pic what has been done yet. But you are on the right track. I can understand what I can see.
In the picture you dont see a key at all - just cleans everything up from a visual aspect. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In the picture you dont see a key at all - just cleans everything up from a visual aspect. :bigthumbsup:
OK I know I'm gonna sound really dumb here, but if that covers the keyhole part, how do I get my key in to start it?

Something tells me I am gonna really regret having to ask this.......:redfaced:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
OK I know I'm gonna sound really dumb here, but if that covers the keyhole part, how do I get my key in to start it?

Something tells me I am gonna really regret having to ask this.......:redfaced:
You epoxy (glue) the key into the cover (cap); then use it like you would a regular key. You may have to cut the key some to get it to fit into the cap.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You epoxy (glue) the key into the cover (cap); then use it like you would a regular key. You may have to cut the key some to get it to fit into the cap.
OK and not to sound even dumber here, but OK supposing I do this. My key is wide at the top. I cut this off? Then I glue the stubbie part into this?

2nd. How do I get a spare made if I ever need to? I can't give them a shiny cap with key glued inside it can I?

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
OK and not to sound even dumber here, but OK supposing I do this. My key is wide at the top. I cut this off? Then I glue the stubbie part into this?

2nd. How do I get a spare made if I ever need to? I can't give them a shiny cap with key glued inside it can I?
Correct:bigthumbsup: Cut the wide portion down.

Go get some spares made first. I got 5 I think.

Look at the cover I have over my rear axle. I actually have a key epoxyed into it so I have a spare all the time. It is in there really tight!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Correct:bigthumbsup: Cut the wide portion down.

Go get some spares made first. I got 5 I think.

Look at the cover I have over my rear axle. I actually have a key epoxyed into it so I have a spare all the time. It is in there really tight!
OK I'm starting to get this. BTW I have the same cover you have.

·
Registered
960 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
337 Posts

If you bought the bike brand new they should have given you 2 keys. Save the fancy one and cut the cheesy one. If you mess up and need a spare but can't get one close by there should be a small metal tag in the pouch the stealership gave you with a number on it. If you have that number you can order new keys pre cut. I tried wal-mart and the one here doesn't carry bike keys.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts