M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know how you have that one thing in life you want to do before you die just because you think that is the coolest thing to beable to say you did it? Well today I was talking with a friend of mine about this dream and he offered to help me make my dream come true. 8)

I first asked him if he knew of any way that I could go 200mph on a bike if I didn't own a bike that would go that fast. Now the Boss Hoss should go that fast but not with me on it. I've been to 155mph and that was a pretty wild ride. :eek: Anyway this guy runs 200 mph all the time, so much so that they call him "Mr. 200MPH" and I figured he might know of some place that would let you do that kind of like the places that let you drive a NASCAR (for a price). Much to my surprise he offered to let me do it on his world record bike this August. :hot:

He just built a new CBR that he plans on setting another world record with and he said he could bring his CBR1100XX to the track and I could run the mile with it. Now he runs 200mph in the 1/4 @ 7.25 but I think I could get it done in a mile as long as I don't wet myself doing it. :yikes:
I'm already freaking out just thinking about it and the thought of having a bike with 550+ rear wheel hp between my legs just makes me nuts. :D

Looks like I need to find some leathers and boots for this ride and hope I don't hair out before I hit the 200mph mark. :eek:

If you're reading this Kent you have no idea what you just did to me. I may not sleep for a week now. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

http://www.kentstotz.com

G

·
Very cool. That would be quite a memorable experience, to say the very least! Good luck to you, I hope it happens. I am sure you will keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Good Luck "LM"..I wouldn't have the bottle for that sort of speed on a bike..phew!..have a car capable of 300+Kmph but my 'will to live' starts to make it's presence felt (rather strongly) after about 260Kmph. Be safe!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
That sounds pretty cool but I must be honest, your balls are much bigger than mine!!! Here is to you fullfilling your dream in style and safety :beer3: :beer2: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sounds very cool. I don't think you will have any problem getting to 200. Remember, you only live once so go for it! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
898 Posts
wow that is freaking awesome :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Mine would get to drive the Nascar thing...but really get to drive....not go out there and follow someone around the track or have someone telling me every move to make...think Tom Cruise in Days of Thunder when he tries out at the beginning....he rode up on a bike :D

man that is too cool .... i would be so psyched up .... awesome :bow:

Went by to see a friend of mine... I saw him the other night in the parking lot of a local grocery store and he was oogling my 109 and saying how awesome it looked...

He was the first person in the 7's in pro 5.0 ....then the first in the 6's in pro 5.0

Heres his accomplishments http://www.hardcore50.com/racer_profiles/DougMangrum.htm

Good Luck when it gets here Lamont 8)

khrome

·
Registered
69 Posts
We are jealous Bro'. Don't pass up the opportunity to check one off the dream list. I don't need to tell you that pics would be great!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Look forward to the pics ...should be an awesome experience for you...just don't lay it down...he may not offer it to you again.... :D

Best of luck...and be safe.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
It's great to hear you're able to fulfil a lifelong dream like this.
Make sure you get someone to take good photo's or video, and make sure you have something to celebrate with afterwards. I'm thinking Scotch and a good Cigar would likely suite the occation.
Congrats man.

Go Big Or Go Home !!!!!
 :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
240 Posts
The double ton is definately cool, but it pales in comparison to going around the banking at daytona at 186mph on a superbike in a drafting battle with 3 or 4 guys.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sweet. Very sweet. If it's a dream of yours and you have the chance - take it! Be safe and be sure to tell us all about it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Maybe you should give Burt Munro (worlds fastest indian) a call. And he only wore his wedding strides. Had no leathers :D

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OMEGA said:
The double ton is definately cool, but it pales in comparison to going around the banking at daytona at 186mph on a superbike in a drafting battle with 3 or 4 guys.
I'm sure you are right but I don't think I have the skill for that. I know my limits and I'm not even close to being that good of a rider. ::)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts