M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the problems for owners of a Boulevard C109 is the lack of aftermarket parts etc. I was looking for alternative air intakes and there's not much out there.
So I decided to try something completely different. I needed an air intake that would be capable of being mounted to the existing chamber without too much of a modification.
When I was younger and added performance equipment to my cars, Edelbrock was and still is a well known performance product. I found some 10 inch intakes on Jegs website so ordered two of them with mounting screws ($150 including shipping). These are made for 5 1/8" Holley carbs but I worked it out that I could modify my existing intake to suit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Do you have pictures of how you made them fit? Also, which exhaust do you have on there? do you have a sound video of your exhaust?

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Wow they are huge. Congrats on being innovate.

sent from my galaxy S3 from somewhere outside space

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
It looks Sweet!!! What exhaust do you have on there?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys. Exhaust is Cobra Speedster Slashdown. I'll be posting a slideshow/video of the filter mods soon.
Post a sound vid of those exhaust. I would love to hear them.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
That looks pretty easy. I may go that route. How well is it protected from rain?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I installed two thin strips of brushed stainless steel 75% around the outside of the filter element but left it open at the bottom. It should prevent water from entering when raining.
Is it able to get enough air? I might try an outerwears filter cover, which would help with moisture. It might do better if the opening was towards the rear. I would think that the front tire would kick water up in to it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is it able to get enough air? I might try an outerwears filter cover, which would help with moisture. It might do better if the opening was towards the rear. I would think that the front tire would kick water up in to it.
The opening at the bottom is about 7 times the original inlet size. So there is no problem with air intake.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.