M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its probably one of the top 5 places in 19th century history. Everybody has seen a photo or drawing of it. It actually looks a lot different than I expected.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know where you are at today!!!! Texas? Is it the Alamo? You said it looked different than you expected. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But that's not where the picture was taken was it? Hmmmm. You are sneaky. Another hint? Virginia maybe? Appomatox?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He did say that it looked different than he expected. Have you ever seen the Alamo in person? Maybe that is photoshopped! :D

(I was kidding about the Alamo) It was supposed to be funny. Not make me look like a moron.

·
Registered
231 Posts
LOL the Alamo...

Hmmm... the home of someone famous... Ben Franklin or Thomas Edison?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Colonial for sure. Really strange steps in front of the house going to the 2nd floor. I am very curious when I look at those stairs. Another hint?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
The Appomattox Court House where Lee surrendered to Grant. Nobody Likes a quitter.  (my wife helped me)
well we know who has the smarts in the family now :joke: :p........................... :duck:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is at Appomattox Court House (name of a town, Appomattox is several miles down the road) So its the McLean house or at best a reconstruction from the late 19th century. Probably the first good example of the Disneyfication of American History.

Here is the original:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
toneout said:
But that's not where the picture was taken was it? Hmmmm. You are sneaky. Another hint? Virginia maybe? Appomatox?
Dang, I knew it. I just didn't know it was a courthouse.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts